Upskill your workforce with TechCred
Recently launched by Lt. Gov. Jon Husted and the Office of Workforce Transformation, the TechCred program aims to enhance Ohio's skilled workforce by reimbursing employers who help their employees earn industry-recognized, technology-focused credentials. Boosting Ohio's manufacturing talent pool is an important goal of the program.
- Businesses will identify the specific, technology-centric qualifications they need, as well as the employee(s) they want to upskill.
- Credentials take a year or less to complete, and they prepare current and future employees for the technology jobs Ohio employers need.
- The state will reimburse up to $2,000 per credential upon completion. (Limited to one reimbursement per employee in each funding round.)
- Employers must partner with a training provider and apply online to qualify for reimbursement. Individuals listed in an employer’s application must be Ohio residents with a verifiable address.
- According to program guidelines, employers may receive up to $30,000 per funding round. Businesses of all sizes are eligible.
- The application period begins Tuesday, Oct. 1, and ends Thursday, Oct. 31, 2019.
The Ohio Manufacturers’ Association strongly supports the provision in Ohio’s new two-year budget that appropriated $30 million to support this credentialing program. The state intends to fund 20,000 credentials over the next two years.
Credentials and Program Guidelines
An initial list of eligible credentials is now available, along with program guidelines and eligibility criteria. Employers may request that a credential be added to the eligibility list.
How Can My Business Get Involved?
- Identify employees and required skills
- Partner with a credential provider
- Apply online
- Enroll employees in program
- Upload proof of credential completion
- Receive reimbursement
Apply Now For TechCred
Please remember that each interested business must submit an application and complete the tasks listed above. The first application period opened Oct. 1, with a deadline of Oct. 31, 2019. Demand will determine availability of funds and timeline for future application periods.