Structural Fabrication Course
Get started on the path to your new career with Tri-C’s short-term welding certificate program.
Complete a fabrication project, beginning by interpreting a set of print; developing a plan; and working to cut, prepare, fit and weld raw materials together. The fabrication project will resemble a real-world scenario related to the shipbuilding, construction, aeronautical or related industries on a smaller scale.
Students will learn:
- How to perform accurate measurements for specified fabrication projects.
- How to properly prepare material surfaces for fitting
- Take proper safety precautions to deal with hazards pertaining to fitting and welding.
- How to develop a fabrication plan based on prints or specifications
- ISET 1100 Welding Blue Print Reading
- ISET 2100 Gas Metal Arc Welding (MIG)