Class A CDL Truck Driver Training
The Tri-C Transportation Center is unique. Unlike many other truck driving schools, Tri-C offers small class sizes, which allow us to give more attention during training. Furthermore, all of our trucks have been completely redesigned to enhance student safety and learning as we ensure our students train in a safe and healthy environment.
160 hours of classroom and hands-on training and testing provides instruction in driver safety, transporting cargo safety, air brakes, combination vehicles, tank vehicles, and hazardous materials. Training includes pre-trip vehicle inspection, vehicle control, and on-road driving (required for skills testing).
We also introduce students to the new CSA methodology for scoring carriers and drivers, where any safety violations are organized into the seven BASICs.
This program is licensed by the Ohio Department of Public Safety as a CDL Driver Training School.
- Industry related equipment
- Eaton autoshift transmission
- 10-speed manual transmission
- Eaton's VORAD® Collision Avoidance Radar
- Extremely small classes
- 40 Hours classroom instruction
- 40 Hours minimum actual behind the wheel that is a combination of skills training (maneuverability) and road training.
- 80 Hours of combined time spent observing skills, working on the Pre-Trip Inspection that is required to pass the State CDL test, plus the actual CDL State Test itself.
Program Admission Requirements:
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must possess a valid Ohio Driver’s license
- You must have a high school diploma or GED or
- Score at basic math, reading and reading comprehension
- You must pass a DOT Physical/Drug Screen
- You must pass the basic CDL permit test
Free Sample Test: https://www.bmv.ohio.gov/dl-sample-test.aspx
Free electronic Ohio CDL Manual:https://publicsafety.ohio.gov/links/HSY7605.pdf
Cost of the CDL-A Program starting July 1, 2019 is $5695.00 and includes:
- CDL Learners Permit
- DOT Physical and Drug Screen
- Classroom materials
- CDL State Test
- CDL License upon passing State testing
|CDL A Class Schedule - July 2019- December 2019||Tuition: $5495 Plus $200 = $5695|
|CDL-A - Day Class (4 Weeks)||Times||Start Date||End Date||CRN|
|Commercial Driver's License||7a - 6 p||Day||7/29/2019||9/5/2019||30544|
|Commercial Driver's License||7a - 6 p||Day||8/26/2019||9/26/2019||30545|
|Commercial Driver's License||7a - 6 p||Day||9/23/2019||10/17/2019||30546|
|Commercial Driver's License||7a - 6 p||Day||10/28/2019||11/21/2019||30547|
|Commercial Driver's License||7a - 6 p||Day||11/25/2019||1/9/2020||30548|
|CDL-A - Evening Class - (8 Weeks)||Times||Start Date||End Date||CRN|
|Commercial Driver's License||6:30p -11:30p||Evening||7/8/2019||8/29/2019||30549|
|Commercial Driver's License||6:30p -11:30p||Evening||9/16/2019||11/7/2019||30550|
|Commercial Driver's License||6:30p -11:30p||Evening||12/2/2019||2/6/2020||30551|
|CDL-A - Weekend Class (8 Weeks)||Times||Start Date||End Date||CRN|
|Commercial Driver's License||7a - 6 p||Weekend||8/10/2019||10/6/2019||30552|
|Commercial Driver's License||7a - 6 p||Weekend||10/19/2019||12/15/2019||30553|