Classes train workforce participants in the practices, principles and requirements associated with packaging, marking and transporting Hazardous Materials (Haz-Mat). This training is required to ship any dangerous goods by land, air or water.
A Certificate of Completion will be issued to all students that attend a training session and successfully pass the knowledge assessments. These courses satisfy all initial and continuing education requirements.
- Hazardous Materials Land Transportation (49CFR)
Haz-Mat certified workforce participants are in high demand, due to the nature of the job function and potential penalty for non-compliance. Persons that possess a Haz-Mat certification will be well positioned to obtain employment in positions related to:
- Workplace Safety
- Shipping and Receiving
- Picking and Packing
- Identifying Dangerous Goods
- UN Hazard Classes
- Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Enforcement of the Regulations
- Specific Job Function Requirements
- Using a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
- Packaging, Marking and Transporting Dangerous Goods