Apprenticeship Training Program
Create a skilled worker pipeline through apprenticeship training.
Cuyahoga Community College is a member of the Ohio College Apprenticeship Consortium’s ApprenticeOhio initiative, made possible by a grant from the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Build a pipeline of skilled workers.
- Gain workers with customized skills.
- Boost retention/reduce employee turnover.
- Save money on wages, onboarding and recruitment costs.
- Make a positive return on investment and increase safety in the workplace.
Tri-C is now a state-approved sponsor of an advanced manufacturing apprenticeship program for careers including:
- Mold Maker
- Tool and Die
- Machine Tryout Setter
Allowing Tri-C to sponsor your apprentices provides access to a pool of workers who have been trained to industry specifications and allows apprentices to earn a living as they train for high-quality, reliable employment and a rewarding career.
Additionally, Tri-C will:
- Enroll apprentices in RAPIDS as their state-approved registered sponsor.
- Apply first-year apprenticeship grant funds/tuition reimbursement (up to $2,500)
- Maintain/update apprentice status with the state
- Handle documentation, including:
- Credit vouchers
- Related Technical Instruction (RTI) credit
- On-the-job training
- State-approved on-the-job training requirements