If you are attending another college or university and would like to take classes that will transfer back to your home institution, apply as a visiting or transient student at Tri-C.
Please follow the steps below:
Submit a free application online. Make sure to indicate that you are applying as a Transient student. If you are a former Tri-C student, you will need to reapply if you have not attended Tri-C in the past three semesters. Allow 3-5 business days to process your application.
Sign into my Tri-C space. As soon as your application is processed, the College will generate your my Tri-C space account. Here, you will obtain important information regarding registration, financial aid and course planning. Within my Tri-C space, you will also have an email account. Remember to check your email regularly for important updates.
- Go to my.tri-c.edu
- Click "Change Your Password" to create a new password
- Enter your Tri-C ID (S#) and click "Continue"
- Enter your date of birth as your old password. Enter in m/d/yyyy format with no leading zeros
- Create a new password. Re-enter the password
- Click the "Change" button. You will be redirected to the my Tri-C space login page
- Log in using your Tri-C ID and the password you just created. (You will need to create a new password every 120 days)
Obtain Approval and Submit your Transient Enrollment Request Form
Review Tri-C’s Course List
- Obtain written approval from your home institution. The letter must list the Tri-C courses you are requesting to take. You can generate a Letter of Consent here for your academic advisor to sign
- Attach and submit the approval letter to the online Transient Student Enrollment Request form.
- If you are unable to get the Letter of Consent from your College you can submit a copy of your unofficial transcript via the Transient Student Enrollment Request form.
Incomplete forms or missing documentation will result in a processing delay.
Once your transient form is processed, confirmation will be sent to your Tri-C email with instructions on how to register.
Your registration is not complete until you pay your tuition and fees. You must select your form of payment at the time of registration and ensure that all financial arrangments are in place by the payment deadline.
You will need your My Tri-C identification card to conduct business on any Tri-C campus. You can get your picture taken and have your card printed at the Enrollment Center after you have registered for courses.
For questions or more information, call 216-987-6000