Apply to Tri-C
All persons 18 years of age or older are eligible for most programs of study at Cuyahoga Community College. The way you apply will depend on what type of student you are. Go to Getting Started to see what application process is right for you.
If you are ready to apply, follow the instructions below. You can apply online by clicking the red "Apply Online" button.
Processing of the online application will take approximately 7 business days.
General Instructions for Online Application
Create a login ID and password. Remember your login information. You will need them if you want to log in later to complete your application or to view the status of your submitted application.
- At the beginning of the application,select the type of student:
New: This will be your first time at Tri-C
Returning: Attended Tri-C before and are making plans to return
Transfer: Making plans to come from another college or university to Tri-C
Transient: Coming to Tri-C from another college or university to just take one course
- Select the term you are planning to attend. There may be several choices. Select only one. If you do not see the term for which you are applying, you may need to wait and check again at a later date or contact the Enrollment Center at 800-954-8742.
- Complete each section of the application.
Note: The system only prompts you to provide required information. There may be other questions on the form that should also be answered. Be sure you have fully responded to both required and relevant non-required items before you submit your application.
- Review each section to verify your information, then submit the application.
- You can only submit your application once. Once submitted, you will not be able to make changes to the information using the online application system. After your application has been processed, contact the Enrollment Center to correct your information. After you receive your Tri-C ID number, you can use my Tri-C space to view and submit your changes.
- Log out. To help ensure the security of your application, log out of the online application once your work is compete and close your browser.
- Allow 7 business days for your information to be reviewed and processed. Although you can monitor the status of your application online, you will also be notified of the admission decision in writing. This notification will include your Tri-C Student ID number, which is required to register for classes using the online registration process.
- Application system requirements:
- Supported Web browsers include Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Safari (for Macintosh users), and Mozilla/Firefox.
After you have submitted an application and have been accepted to Tri-C, additional steps may need to be completed before you register for classes:
- Request an official* copy of your transcript be sent to Tri-C. Original official transcripts must be printed within the last year and sent directly from a high school or previous college to:
Cuyahoga Community College,
Office of the Registrar
P.O. Box 5966
Cleveland, Ohio 44101
*An official transcript is one that is sent directly from the institution in a sealed envelope and is designated "official" in writing or by virtue of transcript format. Official transcripts can be hand-delivered to any Enrollment Center office as long as the transcript is in a sealed envelope. Faxed transcripts will not be accepted.
- After you have been accepted to the college, review your personalized enrollment checklist by student type. Visit www.tri-c.edu/gettingstarted.