Whether you have completed a semester or attended a number of colleges, we would like to help you complete your educational goals.
Use the list of procedures below to help make the transfer process to Tri-C an easy one.
Please follow the steps below:
- Submit a free application online.
- You will receive an email notification with your Tri-C student identification number after your application has been processed.
- Learn valuable information to make your transition into Tri-C smooth and easy. Click here to participate in an online student orientation designed for students who are transferring or returning to Cuyahoga Community College.
- Apply for financial aid at www.fafsa.gov.
- Use Cuyahoga Community College Code 003040.
- Check all financial aid requirements in my Tri-C space in the Paying for College tab under the Financial Aid button. Submit the required documents early to make sure your award is processed in time to pay for classes. View the priority deadline and important financial dates.
- Look at the available scholarships from Tri-C to see if you qualify.
- Apply for all of Tri-C’s Foundation Scholarships with one application in your my Tri-C space account in the Paying for College tab under the Financial Aid button.
In order to be eligible for Financial Aid or Tri-C scholarships and grants you must fill out a FAFSA. Learn more about the Financial Aid and Scholarship process at Tri-C.
Submit official* high school transcript with date of graduation, GED transcript, other college transcript(s) and/or Joint Services Transcript (for military credit) and send it to the Registrar's office:
Cuyahoga Community College
Office of the Registrar
PO Box 5966
Cleveland OH 44101-0966
*An official transcript must be printed within the last year and sent directly from the institution in a sealed envelope marked “official.”
• Official transcripts can be hand-delivered to any Enrollment Center office as long as the transcript is in a sealed envelope.
• Faxed transcripts are not accepted.
• Transcripts must be received prior to being awarded financial aid and starting classes.
Sign into my Tri-C space. As soon as your application is processed, the College will generate your my Tri-C space account. Here, you will obtain important information regarding registration, financial aid and course planning. Within my Tri-C space, you will also have an email account. Remember to check your email regularly for important updates.
- Go to my.tri-c.edu
- Click "Change Your Password" to create a new password
- Enter your Tri-C ID (S#) and click "Continue"
- Enter your date of birth as your old password. Enter in m/d/yyyy format with no leading zeros
- Create a new password. Re-enter the password
- Click the "Change" button. You will be redirected to the my Tri-C space login page
- Log in using your Tri-C ID and the password you just created. (You will need to create a new password every 120 days)
Once Tri-C receives your official college transcript(s), you will receive an email confirming your transcripts have been evaluated. Upon receiving your email, go to the Student tab on my Tri-C space under the Academic Records section. Click on the View Transcript (Unofficial) link to see your transfer credit evaluation.
English and math assessments are mandatory at Tri-C and determine the courses for which a student may register. You are exempt from placement test preparation and testing if you have completed college-level courses equivalent to Tri-C’s math and English OR if you have earned qualifying ACT or SAT scores within the last two years. See grid below for qualifying scores. Submit official ACT/SAT scores to the registrar’s office or submit in-person at a campus testing center.
Students without qualifying ACT/SAT scores* should first visit Tri-C’s placement testing website for information about completing the English and math placement tests. Completion of the online English test prep module is required.
- Visit a Tri-C campus Testing Center to complete the English placement test and proctored ALEKS Placement test. Photo ID is required. Appointments for testing are only necessary at Westshore Campus and Corporate College West. Contact your preferred Testing Center for more information.
*If you have one qualifying ACT or SAT score, you must complete the mandatory placement test prep and placement testing for the subject without a qualifying score.
Call your campus Counseling Office at 216-987-6000 (option 4) to schedule an appointment with a counselor. You can register for classes on the Registration Tab of my Tri-C space or in person at the Enrollment Center.
For your convenience, you can also make an appointment online. Look at your my Tri-C space account under the Student tab and click the Counseling button.
- You can register for classes on the Registration Tab of my Tri-C space or in person at the Enrollment Center.
- Students are responsible for ensuring that all tuition and fees are paid. Registration is not complete until you have paid or made arrangements to pay for your tuition and fees. There is a payment deadline for each term. Pay your bill online or set up an installment plan on the Paying for College tab of my Tri-C space or make other arrangements with the Enrollment Center by the payment deadline. Students using financial aid must have an authorized award prior to the payment deadline – or be prepared to pay out of pocket. Financial aid status, including required documents and award overview, can be viewed under my Tri-C space in the Paying for College tab under the Financial Aid button. View the deadline dates.
- Visit a campus Enrollment Center to get your student ID (My Tri-C Card). Your Tri-C ID card is necessary for conducting business at the College. A government issued photo ID is required. Your first ID is free; there is a fee for a replacement ID.
- Buy your books at the campus bookstore (see your printed schedule) or on the Tri-C bookstore website before the start of classes. The bookstore offers rentals, e-books, used books and new books.
Go to your classes, meet new people, and begin your college career at Tri-C! Find information about engagement opportunities on our Student Life and Engagement webpage.