This comprehensive program utilizes the American Academy of Professional Coders Curriculum (AAPC), and is designed to prepare individuals to take the Certified Professional Coder examination. Students are given access to the AAPC online Practicode tool which provides authentic coding case studies and exercises to develop coding skills. Classroom based courses are offered both day and evening. An online course is also available for those with prior coding or healthcare related experience. The below courses are included in the program.
- CPT Coding- This program will emphasize the rules and guidelines in the CPT coding manual and is designed to help the beginner or experienced coder gain additional knowledge and practice to improve their speed in preparation for the coding certification exam.
- HCPCS Coding- Learn how to report claims and be compliant in medical billing and medical coding based on the Healthcare Common Procedural Coding System (HCPCS), the foundation of how medical claims are submitted to commercial health insurers and government health care programs.
- ICD-10 Coding- Examine the differences and similarities between ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM in structure and organization. Coding conventions as well as the use of coding guidelines and definitions will be used to determine the correct diagnosis codes. Additionally, code structure, system structure, index conventions and guidelines will be covered.
- Medical Terminology- Build skills in a format designed to increase retention and introduce a variety of learning methods and practices.
- Anatomy and Physiology- This program covers all the bodily systems playing a major role in human anatomy and material is presented in a practical and comprehensive manner. The focus is on the need-to-know facts that must be understood in order to pursue any health care career or related education in the field of science.