Comprehensive Professional Medical Coding
In the News! Tri-C Offers Medical Coding Exam Prep Course
About The Program
This comprehensive 24-weeks program utilizes the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) curriculum, and is designed to prepare individuals to take the Certified Professional Coder (CPC) national examination. Upon successful completion of the program and passing of the CPC Exam, students are offered optional access to the AAPC web-based Practicode to earn one year coding experience.
Learning Environments: Traditional Classroom, Virtual Classroom, Hybrid and Online
Classroom based courses may be offered both day and evening. The Online course is available 24/7 and is suggested for those with prior coding or healthcare related experience and/or independent study experience. The Hybrid course is a combination of online coursework with selected mandatory Saturday classes.
- CPT Coding- These category codes are used to report procedures and services. They are used to describe tests, surgeries, evaluations and other procedures performed by a healthcare provider. This is an integral part of the revenue process.
- HCPCS Coding- Learn the standardized code system known as Healthcare Common Procedural Coding System (HCPCS), that is utilized to submit medical claims to payers for procedures and services performed.
- ICD-10 Coding- Designed to advance coding skills with clinical concept understanding of commonly treated conditions and assigning accurate codes based on the diagnosis coding guidelines for outpatient reporting.
- Medical Terminology- Extensive knowledge of the spoken language within the healthcare industry. Become familiar with the human body systems (structures, diseases and medical treatments) and comprehend directional terms and orientations for anatomic location.
- Anatomy and Physiology- This course covers all the bodily systems playing a major role in human anatomy. Detailed knowledge is required to accurately assign codes that apply to specific procedures, diagnoses and treatments.
The demand for Certified Professional Coders is on the rise and so are the salaries.
Per AAPC Salary Report (2022), Ohio Region salary average is $53,585 (updated Feb. 9, 2022). https://www.aapc.com/resources/research/medical-coding-salary-survey/
A 100% refund is given if a completed withdrawal request is received before the program begins for open enrollment courses.
No refund is given after the class begins.
View Courses and Register
- ZHTH-1279: Comprehensive Professional Medical Coding - Online
- ZHTH-1362: Comprehensive Professional Medical Coding - Virtual
- ZHTH-1287: Comprehensive Professional Medical Coding (Hybrid)
- ZHTH-1262: Comprehensive Professional Medical Coding Program - Classroom
- ZHTH-1000: CPC Exam Prep