OSHA 30 for General Industry
OSHA-30 for General Industry
Online and self-paced
This self-paced online course trains workers and employers on the recognition, avoidance, abatement and prevention of safety and health hazards in the workplace. It includes information on workers' rights, employer responsibilities and how to file a complaint.
Students have six months to complete this online course. Those who successfully complete the course will receive a valid OSHA 30-Hour Card for General Industry.
- Introduction to OSHA
- OSHA record-keeping
- Walking and working surfaces
- Safety orientation
- Fire safety
- Forklift safety
- Hot water permits
- Electrical safety
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Hearing safety
- Hazard communication
Students must also complete 10 hours of electives from at least five of these areas:
- Flammable and combustible liquids (subpart H)
- Personal protective equipment (subpart I)
- Permit-required confined spaces (subpart J)
- Lockout/tagout (subpart J)
- Machine guarding (subpart O)
- Welding, cutting and brazing (subpart Q)
- Introduction to industrial hygiene and bloodborne pathogens (subpart Z)
- Safety and health programs
Participants must be at least 18 years old.
Students have three chances to pass the OSHA 30 online test with a minimum score of 70%.