What is the Ideation Station?
- A high-tech learning lab with day, evening and weekend hours, accessible to students and their families
- A 2,400-square-foot lab designed to promote innovation, creativity and design, and to facilitate mastery of new and emerging technologies
- Like all fab labs, the Ideation Station provides a springboard for entrepreneurship within the community and serves as a portal for project-based, hands-on STEM education
- Ideation Station features an Epilog laser cutter, Techno CNC 4 x 8 router, Roland vinyl/circuit cutter, 3D printers, other industrial-grade fabrication equipment and electrical tools, and open source software
Who can use the Ideation Station?
- Tri-C and other college students through lab hours open to all of the Tri-C community
- Area employers and industry partners with new and existing relationships with Tri-C for custom workforce training and lab rental
- K-12 students who access the lab through STEM camps, Nuts-n-Bolts learning workshops and evening activities
- Community members attending open lab hours, family-oriented activities and community events
- Individuals interested in learning how to use equipment in the fab lab through Learning Station workshops
- Do-It-Yourself Makers interested in learning how to create and customize projects in Design Station classes