New Student Orientation
Welcome to Cuyahoga Community College! We are delighted that you have chosen to pursue your academic career with us. One of the required steps in the enrollment process is New Student Orientation (NSO).
Please see below for the opportunities available to complete New Student Orientation. Click on the box to review the instructions for the NSO session that best meets your needs as a new or returning student to Tri—C.
*Requires scheduling counseling appointment after completion.
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I required to complete New Student Orientation?
Yes. Orientation is required for all new students. You will not be able to register for courses until you have completed new student orientation and meet with a counselor.
What happens at New Student Orientation?
- An individual counseling session including: career and academic planning and goal setting, placement testing information, and assistance with selecting your courses.
- Personalized assistance with course scheduling and registration.
- Financial responsibility.
- A tutorial on navigating through the student portal, My Tri-C Space.
- A virtual campus tour is available to highlight campus resources including tutoring services, Career Center, Financial Aid, Campus Police, Student Accessibility Services, mentoring, library, and the Enrollment Center.
- Learning faculty expectations of students.
What should I do to prepare for orientation?
- New students must complete Math and English placement or have placement in English and Math (within the last two years) assigned by your ACT or SAT scores prior to attending orientation.
- If you are a transfer student, please submit an official transcript(s) from the other college(s)/ university (ies) you have attended and allow time for them to be evaluated before your counselor can properly advise you on your courses at Tri-C. Check to see your transferred credits in the My Tri-C space, Student tab under the Academic Records heading on the right click “View Transcripts (unofficial)”
- You will be expected to pay your tuition at the time of registration. Please visit the Paying for College page on the Tri-C website and the Paying for College tab in the My Tri-C Space portal to review your options.
How do I sign up for orientation?
Please call (216) 987-5200 and select option 2 to schedule NSO with the campus of your choice.
How do I arrange for accessibility needs?
When you make your NSO reservation, let the scheduler know that you need accessibility accommodations.
How long does orientation take?
NSO time frame will vary based on the modality selected above.
Do I need to stay for the entire orientation?
Participation in the entire orientation is required. Please arrange your work, childcare, transportation, or other personal schedules to accommodate the full orientation time.
What happens after orientation?
Students should register for the coursework that was recommended by the counselor.