Dan Esquivel Jr.’s Award-Winning Chicken Saltimbocca
- 6 oz. chicken breast
- 1 oz. thin-sliced speck
- 1 oz. thin-sliced provolone
- 4 large sage leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 cup flour
- 1 Tablespoon clarified margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butterfly and evenly pound chicken breast. Season with salt and pepper.
- Layer speck, provolone and sage on chicken. Tightly roll the chicken, then wrap with plastic wrap until ready to cook.
- Heat margarine in oven-safe pan until melted.
- Unwrap chicken, lightly flour, then sauté until golden brown. Finish in oven, baking approx. eight minutes until cooked through.
- Serve with sauce and sides of choice. Originally served with a white wine veloute, Brussels sprouts and oblique cut carrots, potato croquets, and a crispy chicken skin garnish.