Become a Dispatcher in Just 12 Weeks!
Considering a new career as a dispatcher? Cuyahoga Community College can provide you with the skills and training you need in police, fire and emergency medical dispatching. We offer a 12-week Dispatch Communications course.
The spring Dispatch Training is face-to-face training at the Tri-C Public Safety Training Center. Tri-C adopted safe distancing measures and precautions recommended by health officials. Learn more about the measures we are taking to keep students safe.
Dispatch Communications Course
- Twelve-week, 192-hour dispatcher course combines classroom and hands-on dispatch training.
- Practice handling single and multiple simulated calls with scenarios in law, fire and EMS using a 911 dispatch software.
- Exercises to learn to read maps effectively.
- Keyboarding and listening and responding to actual 911 and non-emergency calls.
- Skill-building exercises using computer-aided dispatch (CAD).
- Basic introductory course to emergency medical dispatch (EMD).
- Skills assessment exam to prepare students for Dispatcher Civil Service Exam.
- Specialty training in Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, Evacuate (A.L.I.C.E.).
- Incident Command Training with FEMA ICS 100.
- Job readiness and professionalism.
The Jan. 16, 2021 class has been rescheduled to now start on Feb. 20, 2021.
The application deadline is Feb. 10, 2021 at 12 p.m.
Not ready to apply yet? Join our mailing list to learn about upcoming classes.
The demand for qualified dispatchers continues to grow. Dispatchers work for police departments, fire departments, law enforcement agencies, colleges and universities, hospitals, ambulance services, telematics call centers and transportation/freight companies.
$1,700* – includes class uniform shirt, textbook, class materials and certification test fee.
*Program costs subject to change without notice.
Additional fees not covered in above costs:
- Required uniform of pant and jacket: Approximately $80
Upon completion of the program, students will receive the following certifications:
- National Emergency Communications Certification.
- Certification in 911 Telecommunications, including Police, Fire and EMS.
- Certification in FEMA-ICS 100, Active Shooter, A.L.I.C.E. and Keyboarding.
- Tri-C Certificate of Completion.