Law Enforcement Employment Opportunities
9/21/2021 - Ocean City, MD Summer Employment 2022
Each Summer, the Ocean City, MD Police Department hires approximately 150 seasonal employees to assist with the busy Summer Resort. Each of these positions are paid and can count as internship credits through your university if approved. We have both sworn police officers and civilian positions (Public Safety Aide and Communications).
OCPD will be testing this Fall and Spring of 2022 on the following weekends:
- October 16/17, 2021
- November 20/21, 2021
- December 18/19, 2021
- January 8/9, 2022
- January 29/30, 2022
- February 19/20, 2022 (Read Below Concerning This Date)
(It is recommended that applicants test as early as possible. This will ensure that there is plenty of time to complete the background process, as well as find affordable housing.)
If you'd like to attend one of our Testing Sessions, you will need the following:
- Completed Application (located on our Website)
- Valid Driver's License
- Signed Physician's Waiver (Police Officer Applicants Only)
For additional information:
Additional information about the available positions and testing is attached.
9/20/2021 - Grandview Heights PD is hiring
The City of Grandview Heights is accepting applications for Police Officer.
U.S. Citizen or permanent resident authorized to work in U.S., valid Ohio Driver’s License, H.S. Diploma or equivalent, current & valid Ohio Peace Officer Training Certificate, must be 21 years old (not yet 36 years old) at time of appointment. Credit for continuous years served as a full-time Ohio sworn officer can alter maximum hiring age.
Applicants must successfully pass a written exam administered by National Testing Network (NTN). Testing will be open September 17 – October 26 (closes at 4:00PM). Please visit www.nationaltestingnetwork.com for exam information.
Candidates that successfully pass and submit all required documents will be invited to participate in a physical agility test on a future date. Candidates will complete an oral review board, truth verification exam & background check. Candidates who are conditionally offered employment must pass a psychological, medical exam & drug / alcohol screen.
Starting salary for 2022 is $64,195.06. Lateral transfers and/or certified officers with two years of experience prior to date of hire, may be compensated upon hire at any rate of pay up to $78,305.03. Applicants MUST submit an application online, by visiting www.grandviewheights.gov. TEST SCORES & COPIES OF REQUIRED DOCUMENTS MUST BE ATTACHED AND SUBMITTED TO CANDIDATE PROFILES ON NTN BY OCTOBER 26, 2021, NO LATER THAN 4:00PM. The City of Grandview Heights is an equal opportunity employer.
8/26/2021 - Mentor PD is Hiring
The Mentor Police Department is currently hiring Police Officers.
Police testing will be conducted online using the National Testing Network Website
Click here to see all current job openings and to apply.
8/16/2021 - Chardon PD is Hiring
The Chardon Civil Service Commission announces an examination to establish an eligibility list for the position of Police Officer.
Applications will be available at the City of Chardon Police Department, 111 Water Street, Chardon, and are also available via the City of Chardon website: www.chardon.cc//employment
Applications must be returned in person Monday, August 16th through Wednesday, September 8th, 2021 between the hours of 9 A.M. and 5 P.M, to the City of Chardon Finance Department, Chardon Municipal Center, 2nd floor, 111 Water Street, Chardon, Ohio 44024. No applications will be accepted after S P.M. on Wednesday, September 8th, 2021. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the formal application form. Only the first fifty (50) applications filed will be accepted.
Applicants must be 21 years of age, and either Ohio Peace Officer Training Council certified, or currently attending an O.P.O.T.A certified academy at time of application. Applicants are required to submit a copy of O.P.O.T.A certificate, or letter from Academy Commander verifying current enrollment in an O.P.O.T.A approved academy at time of application. Veterans of the United States Armed Forces must submit record of military service at time application. Tie scores are decided by veteran status and time application is filed with the City.
Applicant must possess a valid driver license with no more than four BMV points assessed, and meet the qualificationsfor eligibility for participation in the Ohio Police & Fire Retirement System. Applicants must be of exemplary character and be able to demonstrate traits that are consistent with the mission and values of the Chardon Police Department.
No fee is required.
The Civil Service entrance examination and physical ability test will be given on Saturday, September 11th, at 9:00A.M. Location of examination will be announced when application is filed.
Salary Range: Full-time - $61,776 to $75,088
The City of Chardon is an equal opportunity employer.
7/14/2021 - Ocean City, MD is hiring
Full Time and Seasonal Police Officers, Public Safety Aides, and Communications Operators Needed
Open testing is taking place July 26-27, 2021
Click here for additional details.
7/1/2021 - The City of Powell Police Department is currently hiring
We are currently only seeking OPOTA certified applicants. The cutoff for applications and required materials is 7/23/2021 by 1600 hours.
For more information, please visit:
If you have any questions or need additional information, please email:
5/25/2021 - Parma Height Police Department is currently accepting applications
The Parma Heights Police Department will be giving an entry-level police exam on Sunday, June 6th, 2021 at 8:00am, and will be accepting lateral transfer applications as well. We will definitely be hiring two to three officers over the next year, and have many ranking officers scheduled to retire in the next three to four years.
Applications for the entry-level exam are being accepted until 4:00pm on Wednesday, June 2nd, 2021. Lateral transfer applications are being accepted until June 30th, 2021. Our application packets are attached.
Click here for the 2021 Parma Heights Entry Level Packet
Click here for the 2021 Parma Heights Lateral Transfer Packet
5/25/2021 - Corporate Security Officer needed in Westlake, OH
American Greetings is seeking a Corporate Security Officer.
We are American Greetings.
We are friendly hellos and great big smiles. We work hard and know how to have fun.
Our innovative and creative work is a reflection of each of us and the culture and values we share.
We are excited that you want to join us in helping make the world a more thoughtful and creative place.
Every. Single. Day
Our commitment to diversity is based on this basic belief that many points of view come together to make a stronger and more creative organization. It makes our products more authentic, and it makes American Greetings an even more exciting place to work.
Diverse and inclusive culture with employee resources groups
13 paid holidays
Flexible Schedules (Department Based)
401k- dollar-per-dollar match up to 6%
AG Workperks Discount Program
All Hands Meetings
Employee Assistance Program
Medical, dental, vision
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Report / investigate incidents, liaison w/l law enforcement and fire department, FM Global, American Red Cross
• Oversee electronic access control, including weekly / monthly reporting to various areas
• Conduct fire / tornado drills, perform fire extinguisher, CPR, first aid etc training
• Manage and monitor alarms for WHQ, Data Center, and plants/facilities,
• Assist with key control program
• Assist with security and safety awareness (Fire Week information, Safety information, etc.)
• Traffic and parking lot control, including enforcement and assignment of parking spaces
• Provide security for special events
• First responders for First Aid, CPR, AED, alarms, trespass, workplace violence, threats, fraud, etc.
• Conduct security and safety tours, Perform receptionist duties
• Surveillance of parking lots, security camera monitoring
• Manage security and fire equipment including inspections and testing (intrusion systems, access systems, camera systems, building tour, perimeter barriers, lighting, etc.)
• Assist associates with: after hour escorts
• Enforcement and posting of company policies (smoking, parking, etc.), and Lost and Found
• Report fire and safety hazards, unsecured areas, maintenance issues, power outages, etc.
• Completes special projects
• Collaborates with human resources on employee separations
• Computer knowledge (Microsoft office Suite), good written, typing, and verbal communication skills
• Customer-service oriented / ability to work within a team structure and multitask
• Have flexibility regarding changes to daily activities and work schedule
• Maintain composure under stressful situations, be observant
• Valid OH driver’s license, current in CPR/First Aid/AED certifications
• Stand, walk, sit, drive for several hours at a time, physically fit enough to walk 5 miles / shift. See, hear, speak normally, defend themselves against violent attack. Ride a bicycle.
• Primarily office, parking lot, warehouse. May travel occasionally for up to one week at a time.
Two years in related experience (security industry) preferred.
Associate Degree, Criminal Justice, Police Science or equal work exp. OPOTA training preferred
To view the full job posting and to apply, please click here.
1/29/2021 - The Ocean City (MD) Police Department has opportunities for Summer 2021
- (50) Seasonal Police Officers
- (100) Seasonal Public Safety Aides
- (20) Seasonal Communications Operators
Final applicant testing for this year will be Feb, 27-28, 2021
We will offer these informational sessions via Zoom on the following dates/ times:
Thursday, Feb. 4, 7 p.m.
PFC Chelsea Kautz (Seasonal Officer…2017)
Ofc. Nikki Stanziale (Seasonal Officer…2017/2018)
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, Feb. 3, 1 p.m.
RSO Matthew Porada (Seasonal Officer…2020/ 2021)
CO Hannah Phillippy (Seasonal PSA…2019)
RSVP to email@example.com
Thursday, Feb. 11, 7 p.m.
Ofc. Patrick McElfish (Seasonal Officer 2018/ 2019)
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, Feb. 15, 1 p.m.
Ofc. Hailie Brumley (Seasonal PSA 2018 + 2019/ Seasonal Officer 2020)
RSVP to email@example.com
Want some more info? Check out the following:
12/4/2020 - The Cleveland Indians are seeking security personnel
- Facility Security (Part-time Year Round) - Provide a safe and protected facility at Progressive Field, the administration building, and employee parking facilities. The job will require interactions with crowds of people, and thus carries risks associated with such gatherings.
- Security Supervisor (Overnight) - Serve as the shift supervisor in Security Control during one of the three standard shifts (This opening is for the overnight [12 a.m.- 8 a.m.] Sunday-Thursday shift). Security Control, and by its extension the shift supervisor, is responsible for the implementation of the Progressive Field Security System and ensuring all safety, security, and lifesaving technologies are in place and implemented on a 24/7/365 basis.
10/14/2020 - Ocean City, MD has openings for Summer 2021
The Ocean City (MD) Police Department has opportunities for Summer 2021:
(50) Seasonal Police Officers
(100) Seasonal Public Safety Aides
(20) Seasonal Communications Operators
Each position is paid and each can be used for Internship Credits…we will hold Applicant Testing on the following weekends...
Oct. 24-25, 2020
Nov. 21-22, 2020
Dec. 19-20, 2020
I would like to offer these Informational Sessions thru Zoom on the following dates/ times
Tuesday, Oct. 20, 2020, 2p.m.
Monday, Oct. 26, 2020, noon
Wednesday, Oct. 28, 2020, 2 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 29, 2020, 4 p.m.
If you want to register for one of these informational sessions, send an email fo firstname.lastname@example.org. A link will be provided on the day of the call.
Want some more info? Check out the following: