Law Enforcement Employment Opportunities
5/25/2021 - Parma Height Police Department is currently accepting applications
The Parma Heights Police Department will be giving an entry-level police exam on Sunday, June 6th, 2021 at 8:00am, and will be accepting lateral transfer applications as well. We will definitely be hiring two to three officers over the next year, and have many ranking officers scheduled to retire in the next three to four years.
Applications for the entry-level exam are being accepted until 4:00pm on Wednesday, June 2nd, 2021. Lateral transfer applications are being accepted until June 30th, 2021. Our application packets are attached.
Click here for the 2021 Parma Heights Entry Level Packet
Click here for the 2021 Parma Heights Lateral Transfer Packet
5/25/2021 - Corporate Security Officer needed in Westlake, OH
American Greetings is seeking a Corporate Security Officer.
We are American Greetings.
We are friendly hellos and great big smiles. We work hard and know how to have fun.
Our innovative and creative work is a reflection of each of us and the culture and values we share.
We are excited that you want to join us in helping make the world a more thoughtful and creative place.
Every. Single. Day
Our commitment to diversity is based on this basic belief that many points of view come together to make a stronger and more creative organization. It makes our products more authentic, and it makes American Greetings an even more exciting place to work.
Diverse and inclusive culture with employee resources groups
13 paid holidays
Flexible Schedules (Department Based)
401k- dollar-per-dollar match up to 6%
AG Workperks Discount Program
All Hands Meetings
Employee Assistance Program
Medical, dental, vision
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Report / investigate incidents, liaison w/l law enforcement and fire department, FM Global, American Red Cross
• Oversee electronic access control, including weekly / monthly reporting to various areas
• Conduct fire / tornado drills, perform fire extinguisher, CPR, first aid etc training
• Manage and monitor alarms for WHQ, Data Center, and plants/facilities,
• Assist with key control program
• Assist with security and safety awareness (Fire Week information, Safety information, etc.)
• Traffic and parking lot control, including enforcement and assignment of parking spaces
• Provide security for special events
• First responders for First Aid, CPR, AED, alarms, trespass, workplace violence, threats, fraud, etc.
• Conduct security and safety tours, Perform receptionist duties
• Surveillance of parking lots, security camera monitoring
• Manage security and fire equipment including inspections and testing (intrusion systems, access systems, camera systems, building tour, perimeter barriers, lighting, etc.)
• Assist associates with: after hour escorts
• Enforcement and posting of company policies (smoking, parking, etc.), and Lost and Found
• Report fire and safety hazards, unsecured areas, maintenance issues, power outages, etc.
• Completes special projects
• Collaborates with human resources on employee separations
• Computer knowledge (Microsoft office Suite), good written, typing, and verbal communication skills
• Customer-service oriented / ability to work within a team structure and multitask
• Have flexibility regarding changes to daily activities and work schedule
• Maintain composure under stressful situations, be observant
• Valid OH driver’s license, current in CPR/First Aid/AED certifications
• Stand, walk, sit, drive for several hours at a time, physically fit enough to walk 5 miles / shift. See, hear, speak normally, defend themselves against violent attack. Ride a bicycle.
• Primarily office, parking lot, warehouse. May travel occasionally for up to one week at a time.
Two years in related experience (security industry) preferred.
Associate Degree, Criminal Justice, Police Science or equal work exp. OPOTA training preferred
To view the full job posting and to apply, please click here.
1/29/2021 - The Ocean City (MD) Police Department has opportunities for Summer 2021
- (50) Seasonal Police Officers
- (100) Seasonal Public Safety Aides
- (20) Seasonal Communications Operators
Final applicant testing for this year will be Feb, 27-28, 2021
We will offer these informational sessions via Zoom on the following dates/ times:
Thursday, Feb. 4, 7 p.m.
PFC Chelsea Kautz (Seasonal Officer…2017)
Ofc. Nikki Stanziale (Seasonal Officer…2017/2018)
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, Feb. 3, 1 p.m.
RSO Matthew Porada (Seasonal Officer…2020/ 2021)
CO Hannah Phillippy (Seasonal PSA…2019)
RSVP to email@example.com
Thursday, Feb. 11, 7 p.m.
Ofc. Patrick McElfish (Seasonal Officer 2018/ 2019)
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, Feb. 15, 1 p.m.
Ofc. Hailie Brumley (Seasonal PSA 2018 + 2019/ Seasonal Officer 2020)
RSVP to email@example.com
Want some more info? Check out the following:
12/4/2020 - The Cleveland Indians are seeking security personnel
- Facility Security (Part-time Year Round) - Provide a safe and protected facility at Progressive Field, the administration building, and employee parking facilities. The job will require interactions with crowds of people, and thus carries risks associated with such gatherings.
- Security Supervisor (Overnight) - Serve as the shift supervisor in Security Control during one of the three standard shifts (This opening is for the overnight [12 a.m.- 8 a.m.] Sunday-Thursday shift). Security Control, and by its extension the shift supervisor, is responsible for the implementation of the Progressive Field Security System and ensuring all safety, security, and lifesaving technologies are in place and implemented on a 24/7/365 basis.
10/27/2020 Correction Officer Needed in Cleveland
The Cleveland Sherriff's Department is seeking a Correction Officer for various shifts.
Click here to view full job details
10/14/2020 - Ocean City, MD has openings for Summer 2021
The Ocean City (MD) Police Department has opportunities for Summer 2021:
(50) Seasonal Police Officers
(100) Seasonal Public Safety Aides
(20) Seasonal Communications Operators
Each position is paid and each can be used for Internship Credits…we will hold Applicant Testing on the following weekends...
Oct. 24-25, 2020
Nov. 21-22, 2020
Dec. 19-20, 2020
I would like to offer these Informational Sessions thru Zoom on the following dates/ times
Tuesday, Oct. 20, 2020, 2p.m.
Monday, Oct. 26, 2020, noon
Wednesday, Oct. 28, 2020, 2 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 29, 2020, 4 p.m.
If you want to register for one of these informational sessions, send an email fo firstname.lastname@example.org. A link will be provided on the day of the call.
Want some more info? Check out the following: