Remind is a communication platform that helps faculty reach and engage with their students and build relationships that lead to better learning.
Faculty can use Remind to send text messages, videoconference links, images and files, or links to important discussions in their Blackboard Learn course(s). One of the many benefits of Remind is that faculty and student cell phone numbers remain private. Check out Top 10 Ways to Use Remind.
With Remind, Tri-C faculty can:
- Send and receive text messages and voice calls without revealing personal phone numbers.
- Include auto-translations of their messages.
- Share links, document attachments and photos. (Attach any file (e.g., PDF, .doc, .mp4, .gif) under 10MB, as well as voice clips up to 20 seconds each.)
- Schedule messages ahead of time.
- Create messages up to 600 text characters (increase from basic version).
- Create student groups (up to 9 people) so students can text back and forth with faculty oversight.
- Access Remind from Blackboard Learn.
Remind Faculty Training Sessions:
Synchronous in Webex:
- Remind Text Messaging: The Basics for Faculty (Getting Started)
- Remind Text Messaging: Using the Functions of Remind
Create an Account
Student Access to Remind:
- To ensure that you receive text messages from your instructors that use Remind, make sure that a cell phone number is included in your Tri-C student profile, for instructions follow this video:
- Though it is not necessary, you can create an account yourself; go to Remind.com and select "Sign up" at the top right corner of the screen. Use your Tri-C email address so that your account is linked to your Tri-C courses.
- Notification Preferences: Change your notification preferences.
- Merge Accounts: If you have another Remind account, Remind will ask if you want to merge accounts. Merging accounts is recommended in order to keep all your Remind messages in one location.
- Remind is now integrated with Blackboard Learn. Watch this video to access Remind from Blackboard: Remind.com: Access Remind from Blackboard
- If you do not already have a Remind account, visit Tri-C’s Remind login page to sign up.
- Full Name: Be sure to use your first and last name.
- Phone number or email: Use your Tri-C Email address and not a phone number.
- Click "Sign up".
- To use all the Remind features, be sure to use your Tri-C email address to sign up for your faculty account. You will receive an email verification. Once your account is approved, you will have full access. To add a phone number to your account, see Change your notification preferences.
Security and Privacy with Remind
Security, privacy, trust, and respect are at the heart of any meaningful community, and participant's well-being is Remind’s highest priority.
- Phone numbers are kept private, communicators never see each other’s phone numbers.
- Each participant can review their own personal account information within their Remind account.
- Each participant can determine if they want to receive a text message, email, a message on the Remind app, or a mix of all three options, see Change your notification preferences.
- Remind does not rent or sell any user data. You own your data.
- When you delete your account, Remind will delete all your information from their servers within 90 days
For more information: