Remind is a communication platform that helps faculty reach and engage with their students and build the relationships that lead to better learning.
As a course messaging tool, with Remind faculty can send students text messages, links to video conferences, images and files, or links to important discussions in their Blackboard Learn course(s). One of the many benefits of using Remind is that faculty and student individual cell phone numbers are kept private. For more benefits, check out 10 ways other instructors are using Remind.
With the enhanced version of Remind that Tri-C has faculty can:
- Have two-way text messaging between faculty and students without knowledge of personal phone numbers
- Include Auto-translations
- Share links, document attachments, and photos. You can attach any type of file under 10MB (PDF, .doc, .mp4, .gif, .png, .jpeg, etc) from web. Each voice clip can be up to 20 seconds.
- Schedule messages ahead of time
- Create messages up to 600 text characters (an increase from the basic version)
- Have Voice Calls without having access to personal phone numbers
- Create student groups (up to 9 people) - students can text back and forth with faculty oversight
- Access Remind from Blackboard Learn
Remind Training Sessions for Fall 2020:
Register in TEC by searching the TEC Code
|Remind Text Messaging: The Basics for Faculty||OLATFF1012||1:00 PM - 2:00 PM|
|Monday 10/19/2020||Remind Text Messaging: The Basics for Faculty||OLATFF1012||11:00 AM - 2:00 PM|
|Wednesday 11/4/2020||Remind Text Messaging: The Basics for Faculty||OLATFF1012||4:00 PM - 5:00 PM|
|Thursday 12/3/2020||Remind Text Messaging: The Basics for Faculty||OLATFF1012||1:00 PM - 2:00 PM|
Create an Account: If you do not already have a Remind account and would like to create one, you will need to access Cuyahoga Community College on Remind, by visiting Tri-C’s Remind log in page.
Once you are at this site, simply sign up for an account with your Tri-C email address. You must use your college email address to use all the Remind features. You will receive an email verification and once your account is approved, you will have full access to all of the features. As an option, you can add a phone number to your account once it is set up.
Account Creation Image
Remind in Blackboard Learn
Text messaging using Remind is accessible from Blackboard Learn course sites. Once a Remind Class has been created and students are in the Remind class, faculty can select the Remind tool from their Blackboard Learn course site to open the text messaging option.
- Video: Remind: Accessing Remind in Blackboard Learn
- Video: Remind: Text Messaging Students from Blackboard Learn
Remind Mobile App:
- Download the Remind app on your mobile device for on-the-go functions
- Go to: Get the Remind app