Cuyahoga Community College recognizes that increasing student success involves many aspects of student support beyond what is provided by the course instructor. As an online student at Tri-C, you will have access to student services ranging from technical assistance to academic advising.
We encourage you to take full advantage of these services to help you be a successful online student and achieve your goals of graduation, transfer or training.
My Online Readiness Experience
You may be a savvy smart-phone, tablet, or social media user, but are you equipped with the skills necessary to be a successful online student? My Online Readiness Experience (M.O.R.E.) is a series of interactive multimedia tutorials and resources designed to address the real challenges new and experienced online students will encounter.
Online Attendance Policy
Students are required to login in at least two times per week and submit one assignment per week for the first two weeks of the semester, or equivalent to the 15th day of the term. Students who have not met all attendance requirements within the first two weeks, or equivalent, will be considered not attending.
For more details on Tri-C’s attendance policy, and other student information, please reference your Tri-C Student Handbook.
Attending a Web Conference
Attending a web conference is the primary form of connecting with your instructors and fellow students for Online Synchronous classes.
Blackboard Mobile App
The Blackboard Mobile App is a free, simple and easy-to-use mobile learning app for the on-the-go, goal-oriented learner. You can check grades, view content and submit work right from your mobile phone or tablet.
Online Proctoring - ProctorU
As part of Tri-C's online education courses, students may be required to take tests and exams online. Tri-C has contracted with ProctorU to provide proctoring services for these online tests and exams.
Online Tutoring - Smarthinking
Tri-C's Tutoring Services are FREE of charge to Tri-C students for the courses in which they are currently enrolled! Tri-C also offers 24/7 online tutoring to all of its students. Through Smarthinking you can get the help you need to continue your success as a Tri-C student.
Online Costs and Fees
Tuition for online programs and courses follow the same fee structure as traditional on-campus programs and courses, however there is a $10.00 per credit hour charge for online classes and additional fees may be incurred for off-campus proctored online testing. For more information visit the Paying for College and ProctorU pages.
Tri-C provides Microsoft Office 365 Pro for active credit students at no cost. With this agreement, credit students receive the latest version of Microsoft Office for use on up to five personal devices. This is a full version of Office available for offline use. (This agreement is not yet available to noncredit students.) Applications include Work, Excel, PowerPoint and more.
Tri-C offers free online, on-demand workshops through Student Lingo. Available 24/7, these workshops include 10 Tips for Success in Online Courses; Achieving Well-Being, Balance, and Success; Learning Strategies Every Student Should Know; and more.
ITS Student Services
ITS provides core technology services for students, including network logins, wireless access, and Office365. We are always happy to hear ideas for new technology at Tri-C! Visit the ITS Student Services page for more information.
- Take My Online Readiness Experience (MORE) in Blackboard Learn to prepare yourself for online learning. Additional information on MORE.
- Join the Online Learning @ Tri-C Facebook group, which highlights special features and upcoming events specific to online learning at Tri-C and follow Tri-C on Twitter.
- Use your Tri-C email address, set up a Remind.com account, our text messaging option for many courses. Add a phone number to your Remind account by Changing your notification preferences.
- Order your books, headset, web camera and other required online course materials from the bookstore. Watch the video “How to Search for Course Materials” on our YouTube channel for instructions.
- Register with ProctorU as a Tri-C student. Read more information on ProctorU as it may be used to monitor your online tests.
- Download the Tri-C Mobile app for quick links to Tri-C resources and the Blackboard student app to gain mobile-friendly access.
- On the first day of the term, log in to myTri-C space and click the Blackboard Learn link on the Student tab, then select the Course link to access your course site(s).
- Visit our Web Conferencing web page to learn the EEEE’s of web conferencing.
- Watch the student online learning tutorial videos to help you become a successful online student.
- View our Student Online Digital Accessibility web page to learn about the tools and resources we have to better support all students.
- Visit and use Tri-C’s 24/7 free online tutoring service Smarthinking.
- Familiarize yourself with the different tools for communicating with the helpdesk: phone (216-987-HELP), chat, and email.