Publisher & Textbook Content
Some professors bring publisher content into their online or blended classes. Examples of publisher content include presentations, simulations, book chapters and activities created by a publisher like Pearson, WileyPlus or McGraw-Hill. This content is often pulled into Blackboard. Your instructor is your primary point of contact for questions relating to publisher content.
All Blackboard integration issues should be routed to Publishers first. Some have direct partnerships with Blackboard and can find and resolve any issues much quicker than us contacting them.
Common troubleshooting steps to begin with:
- Verify the publisher tool is turned on in the course.
- Course Management → Customization → Tool availability
- Click on the empty box next to the publisher (alphabetical)
- Scroll to bottom of web page
- Click Submit
- Each publisher adds content their own way, best to work with them for how best to add content. Same with the Grade center. Some push immediately, others push once a day and the rest require the instructor to push the grades/sync. Here is a list of common publishers integrated in Blackboard.