Publisher & Textbook Content
Some instructors use publisher content in their online or blended courses. Examples of publisher content include presentations, simulations, book chapters, and activities created by a publisher like Pearson, WileyPlus, or McGraw-Hill. This content is often pulled into Blackboard Learn. Your instructor is your primary point of contact for questions related to publisher content.
All Blackboard Learn integration issues should be routed to publishers first. Most publishers have direct partnerships with Blackboard and can quickly resolve issues. Here is a list of common publishers integrated in Blackboard.
Common troubleshooting steps to begin with:
- Verify the publisher tool is turned on in the Blackboard Learn course.
- Course Management → Customization → Tool availability
- Click on the empty box next to the publisher (alphabetical)
- Scroll to bottom of web page
- Click Submit
- Each publisher adds content differently, work with them for the best way to add content. The same is true for the Grade center. Some publishers push/sync grades immediately, others do it once a day, and the rest require the instructor to push/sync the grades.