ProctorU for Students
ATTENTION STUDENTS: Before scheduling an appointment to use an on-campus ProctorU Station, you must review the On-Campus ProctorU Station Information document and inform/get approval from your instructor. Otherwise, ProctorU will not allow you to take the exam.
Proctored testing may be required in online and blended courses. Tri-C has contracted with ProctorU to provide online test proctoring services to our students. ProctorU offers three services, Record+, Review+, and Live+.
To get started with ProctorU, create a ProctorU account by going to ProctorU's Tri-C Single Sign-On page and entering your Tri-C S# and password. If you already have a ProctorU account, use the SSO page to connect it to your Tri-C S# and password.
Due to coronavirus-related classroom closures, the College will pay for all students' ProctorU costs until further notice.
Please be sure to schedule your test appointments at least 72 hours in advance.
- It is highly recommended that students (test-takers) review all the information on this page to prepare themselves for taking an exam using ProctorU.
- Students should also visit the ProctorU Tri-C Getting Started page.
- ProctorU requires a webcam, a microphone and a wired internet connection.
- Test-takers must use Chrome or Firefox web browsers to take their exam and install the Chrome ProctorU extension or the Firefox ProctorU Extension prior to taking their exam.
- Chromebooks, tablets, smartphones and other mobile devices are not compatible with ProctorU. Please review the ProctorU Minimum Equipment Requirements and Tri-C's Minimum Technology Requirements for online classes.
- Visit ProctorU's "Test It Out" page to test your equipment, bandwidth and internet speed, or to connect with a live ProctorU representative for tech support.
- For immediate assistance during an exam, please contact the proctor through the Live Chat feature; by calling 1-855-772-8678 (Option 1); or via email at email@example.com.
- Please do not call the Tri-C support desk, as they are unable to help you with proctored exams.
Record+ is integrated directly into Pearson MyLab. Artificial Intelligence is used to verify the identity of the test-taker and to monitor the session, flagging suspicious behaviors. All sessions are reviewed by a live proctor after completion. No scheduling is required and 24/7 access is available.
Professionally trained live proctors guide test-takers through exam launch, which includes multi-factor identity verification and environment security scans where the student will be asked to remove unpermitted materials before the start of the exam. A.I. monitors the exam session, flagging suspicious behaviors. All sessions are reviewed by a live proctor after completion. Students must schedule their appointment with ProctorU 72 hours in advance of taking the test.
Professionally trained live proctors guide test-takers through exam launch, which includes multi-factor identity verification and environment security scans where the student will be asked to remove unpermitted materials before the start of the exam. The live proctor monitors the exam session, flagging and intervening in real-time if an incident occurs. Students must schedule their appointment with ProctorU 72 hours in advance of taking the test.