ProctorU for Students
ProctorU has scheduled recurring maintenance windows on the last Friday* of every month from 1-7 a.m. EST on the ProctorU Proctoring Platform. During maintenance windows, test-takers and administrators may not be able to access the ProctorU Platform.
The planned maintenance dates are as follows:
|Jan. 27, 2023||Feb. 24, 2023||March 31, 2023||April 28, 2023|
|May 26, 2023||June 30, 2023||July 28, 2023||Aug. 25, 2023|
|Sept. 29, 2023||Oct. 27, 2023||Nov. 24, 2023||Dec. 29, 2023|
Proctored testing may be required in online and blended courses. Tri-C has contracted with ProctorU to provide online test proctoring services to our students. ProctorU offers three services, Record+, Review+, and Live+.
To get started with ProctorU, create a ProctorU account by going to www.proctoru.com.
Due to coronavirus-related classroom closures, the College will pay for all students' ProctorU costs until further notice.
Please be sure to schedule your test appointments at least 72 hours in advance.
- It is highly recommended that students (test-takers) review all the information on this page to prepare themselves for taking an exam using ProctorU.
- Students should also visit the ProctorU Tri-C Getting Started page.
- ProctorU requires a webcam, a microphone and a wired internet connection.
- Test-takers must use Chrome or Firefox web browsers to take their exam and install the Chrome ProctorU extension or the Firefox ProctorU Extension prior to taking their exam.
- Chromebooks, tablets, smartphones and other mobile devices are not compatible with ProctorU. Please review the ProctorU Minimum Equipment Requirements and Tri-C's Minimum Technology Requirements for online classes.
- Visit ProctorU's "Test It Out" page to test your equipment, bandwidth and internet speed, or to connect with a live ProctorU representative for tech support.
- For immediate assistance during an exam, please contact the proctor through the Live Chat feature; by calling 1-855-772-8678 (Option 1); or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please do not call the Tri-C support desk, as they are unable to help you with proctored exams.
- A Tri-C ID may be used in place of a government-issued ID.
On Campus ProctorU Stations
Each campus and the Brunswick University Center will have ProctorU stations in their respective TLC, OpenLab, or Testing Center. These stations are limited in both number and available time slots, so they should be reserved for students who do not have access at home to the technology required by ProctorU. These stations are in a shared environment that may have staff and other students present.
You must notify your instructor prior to scheduling an appointment to use an On Campus ProctorU station, please review the On-Campus ProctorU Station Information document for more information.
Record+ is integrated directly into Pearson MyLab. Artificial Intelligence is used to verify the identity of the test-taker and to monitor the session, flagging suspicious behaviors. All sessions are reviewed by a live proctor after completion. No scheduling is required and 24/7 access is available.
Professionally trained live proctors guide test-takers through exam launch, which includes multi-factor identity verification and environment security scans where the student will be asked to remove unpermitted materials before the start of the exam. A.I. monitors the exam session, flagging suspicious behaviors. All sessions are reviewed by a live proctor after completion. Students must schedule their appointment with ProctorU 72 hours in advance of taking the test.
Professionally trained live proctors guide test-takers through exam launch, which includes multi-factor identity verification and environment security scans where the student will be asked to remove unpermitted materials before the start of the exam. The live proctor monitors the exam session, flagging and intervening in real-time if an incident occurs. Students must schedule their appointment with ProctorU 72 hours in advance of taking the test.