Student Emergency Fund
This student emergency fund was enabled through a grant from the David and Inez Myers Foundation. This program is to help students overcome unforeseen financial challenges that would affect their ability to persist in their studies.
Students may receive only one award per academic year for up to $500 based on their emergency needs.
Examples of emergencies include, but are not limited to:
- Technology and equipment needs
- Books and supplies
- Food assistance
- Child-care related emergencies
- Health emergency expenses not covered by insurance
- Paying for housing/rent when unusual circumstances arise
- Transportation-related emergencies (non-routine car repairs)
- Unexpected loss of income
- Emergency food assistance
Eligibility and Award Criteria
- Students needing assistance should contact the Student Financial Aid and Scholarships office.
- If approved, the Student Financial Aid and Scholarships office will make funds available through electronic means.
- Once the request is received, SFAS will process the funds as follows:
- Book Request: the funds will be applied to the student’s My Tri-C Card to be used at the bookstore.
- Tuition Assistance: the funds will be applied to the student’s account.
- Other needs (funds needed to cover outside financial challenges): the funds will be applied to the student’s account and a refund request will be submitted to the bursar’s office, to be refunded as part of the normal refunding schedule.
- Once completed, SFAS notify the student that the process has been completed. Normal turnaround for the request to be processed by SFAS will be three to five business days.
For additional information regarding how to request the student emergency fund, please to contact the Student Financial Aid and Scholarships office.