Student Emergency Fund
This student emergency fund was enabled through a grant from the David and Inez Myers Foundation. The pilot program was launched in Fall 2017 to help students overcome unforeseen financial challenges that would affect their ability to persist in their studies.
For Summer 2021, funds can be awarded up to $500. Students may receive only one award per academic year. Modified to allow students who may have already received funds prior to March 1, 2020 and may have an emergency for a second emergency fund during this special period.
Examples of emergencies include, but are not limited to:
- Technology and equipment needs
- Books & supplies
- Food assistance
- Child-care related emergencies
- Health emergency expenses not covered by insurance
- Paying for housing/rent when unusual circumstances arise
- Transportation-related emergencies (non-routine car repairs)
- Unexpected loss of income
- Emergency food assistance
Eligibility and Award Criteria
- Students needing assistance should contact the Student Financial Aid and Scholarships Office.
- If approved, the Student Financial Aid and Scholarships Office will make funds available through electronic means.
- Once the request is received, SFAS will process the funds as follows:
- Book Request – the funds will be applied to the student’s My Tri-C Card to be used at the bookstore.
- Tuition Assistance – the funds will be applied to the student’s account.
- Other Needs (funds needed to cover outside financial challenges) – the funds will be applied to the student’s account and a refund request will be submitted to the Bursar’s Office, to be refunded as part of the normal refunding schedule.
- Once completed, SFAS notify the student that the process has been completed. Normal turnaround for the request to be processed by SFAS will be 3 – 5 business days.
For additional information regarding how to request the student emergency fund, please to contact the Student Financial Aid and Scholarships Office by one of the following methods: