Due to the significant changes to the FAFSA form and application process, the 2024-2025 FAFSA will be released in December 2023.
The 2024-2025 FAFSA process is going to look a bit different than it was in the past. Don’t worry! The Student Financial Aid and Scholarships (SFAS) Office is here to help and keep you informed.
We will continue to update this webpage as we receive more information from the Department of Education.
What’s staying the same?
- Students must still complete a FAFSA every award year to be considered for federal financial aid and Tri-C scholarships.
- If you and/or a parent have already created a FSA ID, you can continue to use the one created.
- Prior-prior year tax information is still requested. For the new 2024-2025 FAFSA, you will report your 2022 income and assets. Families with significant reductions in income will still be able to submit a Special Circumstance Appeal with the SFAS Office.
What can I do now to prepare?
While the 2024-2025 FAFSA won’t be available until December, you can still prepare by doing the following:
- Create an FSA ID with Federal Student Aid (FSA) and assist your contributors, such as your parent(s) or spouse, in creating an FSA ID as well.
- If you already have an FSA ID, log in to your StudentAid.gov account to ensure your information is up to date; especially your email address. This will help FSA connect with you when the FAFSA launch date is announced.
- Use the Federal Student Aid Estimator to get an early estimate of what your SAI and federal student aid eligibility might be for the 2024-2025 award year.
Read more on the Federal Student Aid website: What is the FAFSA Simplification Act?