Choose Ohio First Scholarships
Tri-C is a partner with the Ohio Department of Higher Education in supporting students who are committed to majors in the STEMM fields: science, technology, engineering, mathematics and medical/health careers.
Choose Ohio First (COF) program scholarships are awarded at Tri-C on a competitive-application basis, and may be renewed until graduation. Scholarship recipients participate in a variety of activities promoting creativity, collaboration, self-confidence and degree completion.
A COF student’s specific activities are determined in collaboration with a faculty mentor. All Tri-C students meeting the COF eligibility requirements may apply for a COF scholarship, but students in underrepresented populations are especially encouraged to apply.
COF program admission is limited to fall semester. Program rules do not permit spring semester admissions.
For consideration, an applicant must be entering Tri-C for the first time (see College Credit Plus exception below) and meet all of the following criteria:
- An Ohio resident with the current legal status to remain permanently in the United States.
- New Tri-C student status as of the first term in the COF program. For College Credit Plus (CCP) students, new-student status is defined as the first term at Tri-C since graduating from high school.
- Cumulative 3.0 grade point average or higher on a 4.0 GPA scale, based on either high school or transfer transcript (Tri-C transcript for former Tri-C CCP students).
- Enrolled in at least 6 credits of college-level (1000-level or higher) classes relevant to the student’s academic plan for degree completion during each semester of participation.
- Declared major in an approved STEMM discipline – questions about eligible majors may be directed to Rebecca Stolzman, 216-987-4713 or email@example.com.
- Available to attend and participate in Choose Ohio First activities.
Interested students must complete the Tri-C general scholarship application, as well as submit the Choose Ohio First application. Click the appropriate button on the right to complete the applications.