Dance Academy students train in the fundamentals of ballet and explore creativity through modern dance. This class emphasizes contemporary techniques to develop coordination, musicality, strength, flexibility, and alignment. Students learn basic ballet and modern dance techniques, floor work, center work and movement across the floor. Instruction in creative improvisation, performance development, choreography, and composition skills will culminate with a final performance.
Jessica Spurlock, Program Manager
Kay Eichman, Ballet Mistress
Charlene Brown, Dance Etiquette Instructor, Costume Manager
Phillip Williams, Rehearsal Director and Instructor
Please visit our Community Dance Mastery page for more information on free introductory dance classes in partnership with community sites across the city.
Fall 2020 Semester Dates Coming Soon! Check back for updates!
Due to COVID-19 precautions, classes and events may be held online. Call 216.987.6145 or email CreativeArtsAcademy@tri-c.edu for upcoming information.
We are excited to offer pre-recorded online coursework for students to hone their skills at home during the COVID-19 pandemic. These courses are free of charge and are open to students K-12. Class length varies based on course discipline and activity being taught.
For more information, visit our Virtual Classes webpage Here.
View Courses and Register
- ZNMC-1162: Advanced Dance Academy
- ZNMC-1120: Beginner Dance Academy
- ZNMC-1145: Beginner II Dance Academy
- ZNMC-1140: Dance Academy at Heritage View
- ZNMC-1181: Dance Academy Twinkle Toes (Ages 3-5)
- ZNMC-1167: Dance Mastery at Broadway School of Music and the Arts
- ZNMC-1146: Dance Mastery At Clark Recreation Center
- ZNMC-1164: Dance Mastery at Michael Zone Recreation Center
- ZNMC-1168: Dance Mastery at Rainbow Terrace
- ZNMC-1141: Dance Mastery at St. Luke's Manor
- ZNMC-1182: Dance Mastery Introductory Course
- ZNMC-1103: Intermediate Dance Academy
- ZNMC-1153: Intro II Dance Academy
- ZNMC-1121: Introductory Dance Academy