Tri-C Film Academy
Check out what's new!
We have undergone some major changes as we have transitioned into a virtual environment. The classes are still led by film industry leaders and can benefit you in the film industry. View the list of courses below and let your film dream begin.
Scholarships may be available to those who qualify. Click the button below to learn more.
Tri-C’s Film Academy is an intensive program that offers a streamlined series of courses designed to maximize professional instruction in a fraction of the time. The goal is to train a workforce for hire in entry-level positions on broadcast, film, commercial, video game or industrial productions in Northeast Ohio and the surrounding region. Courses serve as the beginning of a student’s industry networking experience and the first step toward getting a foot in the door of the local motion picture production industry.
- Understand pre-production and production processes of filmmaking.
- Taught by industry professionals who can hire or recommend participants for hire.
- Network with film industry professionals and other trainees.
- Access to educational opportunities in the moving image industries.
- Scholarships available.
Meet Your Instructors
Tri-C’s Film Academy courses were developed with help from the Greater Cleveland Film Commission, industry professionals and members of IATSE Local 209 with the goal of properly training and growing the media industry workforce in Northeast Ohio. The training is designed to give maximum professional instruction in a fraction of the time while providing networking opportunities with industry professionals and fellow trainees.
Studios shooting movies in Cleveland look to hire as many local crewmembers as possible. Those jobs go to people who can walk onto a set and know what to do, and producers know they can find skilled entry-level workers at the Tri-C Film Academy.
View Courses and Register:
- ZFLM-1047: Audio/Sound Design Post-Production Techniques
- ZFLM-1048: Cinematography 101 and Beyond
- ZFLM-1042: Costuming in Film
- ZFLM-1020: Find Your Voice: Voice Acting
- ZFLM-1046: Making a Documentary
- ZFLM-1040: Narrative Post-Production Workflow
- ZFLM-1041: Screenwriting Fundamentals
- ZFLM-1043: What Does a Script Supervisor Do?