Program and Course Assessment
We are proud to announce Cuyahoga Community College's acceptance into the HLC Assessment Academy!
Cuyahoga Community College has been accepted into the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) Assessment Academy's Fall 2017 Cohort! The four-year Assessment Academy will help the College grow its efforts to continuously improve student learning. Tri-C looks forward to building relationships and collaborating with other institutions in the academy.
Click here to learn more about the HLC Assessment Academy.
Current Project Status:
Faculty are working with their colleagues to select course-level outcomes in their discipline, choose assignments to assess, build rubrics, assess the chosen assignments, discuss assessment results, and implement changes if the results did not meet thier benchmarks.
Course and Program Level assessment assistance
Course-level learning outcomes assessment
All courses will need to create and implement an assessment plan. If a disipline is new to course-level outcomes assessment, feel free to reach out to the Assessment Office, a CLOA member, and/or review the documents below:
All internally and externally accredited programs will need to create and implement an assessment plan. If a disipline is new to program-level outcomes assessment, feel free to reach out to the Assessment Office, a CLOA member, and/or review the documents below:
Additional information on assessing courses and programs available below:
- Employer surveys: Gauge how your graduates are doing in the real world. Results can identify any curricular gaps.
- Graduate surveys: Hear from your former students regarding areas in which they feel strong and those in which they would have liked to have had more practice before entering the workforce.
- Exit surveys: Learn what upcoming grads feel prepared for. Understand what equipment may need updating.
- Course surveys: Learn what works and what doesn't.
- The results are yours alone. LOA does not share data with anyone other than the survey requestor.
- Moved from TK20 to Blackboard Outcomes in fall 2016.
- Blackboard Outcomes is an easy-to-use tool for assessing artifacts. If you use Blackboard to collect assignments, it takes just a few clicks to align to an outcome for assessment.
- Simply create your assignment in your Blackboard course, align it to an outcome and let LOA set up an assessment session for you and your faculty to evaluate student work.
- Instructions are readily available, or an LOA team member can visit your campus for a training session.
- Your program learning outcomes are already built in to Blackboard. Simply send your rubrics, and LOA can set up assessments for next semester.
Please contact the Learning Outcomes Assessment office to learn more!