Metamorphosis Cleveland is an opportunity to express your own interpretation on the issues of climate, justice, equity, sustainability and change in and around Cleveland and beyond. Interpretations can be artistic, scientific, analytic, written, visual, performed, presented and just about anything in between.
Consider these questions as a starting point:
- What do you see as the most important issue, now and in the future, impacting climate, justice, equity and/or sustainability? What can we do to improve the outcomes related to this issue?
- What is the most important issue we face if Cleveland, the United States and the world are to survive indefinitely?
- How does the Cleveland of today compare to the Cleveland of the past? What are some examples of progress or deterioration?
- Must be currently enrolled as a Tri-C student for Spring 2024 as of April 19, 2024
- One entry per student or group
- Faculty sponsor required, though not necessarily a current instructor of the entrant
Call for Submissions
Submissions will be accepted through April 12, 2024 by using the submission form link below.
A judging panel will evaluate the entries. Winners will be notified in mid-April 2024 via the contact information provided. Contest creators reserve the right to shorten or extend the call for submissions. Submissions become the property of Tri-C and may be used or reproduced in various marketing and educational endeavors without any future claim to copyright or compensation.
How to Enter
Complete the Metamorphosis Cleveland submission form to enter.
Finalists in the Creative Writing, Visual, Performance, Media and Academic categories will receive prizes, and all finalists will be considered for one of three grand prizes: People’s Choice, Presidents’ Choice and Best in Show. Grand prize winners will receive an additional prize.
Metamorphosis Cleveland Celebratory Reception
Selected entries will be honored and displayed at the Metamorphosis Cleveland celebratory event on Thursday, April 25, 2024, from 6-8 p.m. at Tri-C's Hospitality Management Center at Public Square.
Disclaimer: Contest creators retain the right to cancel or adjust the contest at any time.