Our Goal: Apply sustainability to procurement by:
- Adopting clear and transparent criteria so that full life cycle impacts will be considered in purchasing and contracting decisions
- Reducing consumption of goods and reducing the impact of chemical usage
- Providing training and necessary tools and resources to Procurement staff.
Progress to date:
- Implemented a student print management program in May 2008, resulting in a 33% reduction in college printing.
- Significantly reduced paper purchasing as the result of online tools allowing access to class and other information.
- Purchasing office paper that is Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified with a minimum of 30% post consumer recycled content.
- Almost all computers purchased by Tri-C’s IT department were certified at the Gold or Silver level by the Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT)