Goal: Apply sustainability to procurement by:
1. Adopting clear and transparent criteria so that full life cycle impacts will be considered in purchasing and contracting decisions
2. Reducing consumption of goods and reducing the impact of chemical usage
3. Providing training and necessary tools and resources to Procurement staff.
Progress to date:
- Implemented a student print management program in May 2008, resulting in a 33% reduction in college printing.
- Significantly reduced paper purchasing as the result of online tools allowing access to class and other information.
- Purchasing office paper that is Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified with a minimum of 30% post consumer recycled content.
- Almost all computers purchased by Tri-C’s IT department were certified at the Gold or Silver level by the Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT)