Academic and Workforce Training
Goal: Tri-C faculty and instructors will infuse sustainability literacy throughout the curriculum. Tri-C students will recognize and understand the basic concepts of sustainability and effectively communicate those concepts to others in the community.
Faculty Leadership in Sustainability Award
Tri-C created the Faculty Leadership in Sustainability Award in 2016 to recognize faculty who have demonstrated leadership by incorporating sustainability in their curriculum to help meet the above goals.
Please click on the links below to learn about the work of each of the winners:
- 2021 winner Dr. Derrick Williams, Professor, Communications Studies, Metropolitan Campus
- 2020 winner Casandra Sweeney, Assistant Professor, English, Eastern Campus
- 2019 winner Dr. Anne Distler, Professor, Chemistry, Westshore Campus.
- 2018 winner Brian Hall, Associate Professor, English, Metropolitan Campus.
- 2017 winner Dr. Henry Young, Assistant Professor, Speech Communications, Metropolitan Campus.
- 2016 winner Sara Clark, Assistant Professor, English as a Second Language, Western Campus.
In Spring 2019, Tri-C held a student-focused event called Metamorphosis Cleveland: A Ravaged River Revitalized and 50 Years of Change to recognize the 50th anniversary of the infamous 1969 fire on the Cuyahoga River. Metamorphosis Cleveland asked students to creatively interpret issues related to sustainability and change in and around Cleveland. Click here for more details.
Progress to date:
- Academic programs with subject matter directly relevant to sustainability include Plant Science and Landscape Technology, Automotive Technology, and Construction Engineering Technology programs
- Numerous professors weave sustainability education into their curriculum, click on the "I am Sustainable, Tri-C" poster gallery at right for some examples.