Academic and Workforce Training
Our Goal: Tri-C faculty and instructors will infuse sustainability literacy throughout the curriculum. Tri-C students will recognize and understand the basic concepts of sustainability and effectively communicate those concepts to others in the community.
Faculty Leadership in Sustainability Award
Tri-C created the Faculty Leadership in Sustainability Award in 2016 to recognize faculty who have demonstrated leadership by incorporating sustainability in their curriculum to help meet the above goals.
Please click on the links below to learn about the work of each of the winners:
- 2023 winner Dr. Margaret Lehnert, Assistant Professor of Biology, Western Campus
- 2022 winner Dr. Erica Stevenson, Associate Professor of Biology, Westshore Campus
- 2021 winner Dr. Derrick Williams, Professor, Communications Studies, Metropolitan Campus
- 2020 winner Casandra Sweeney, Assistant Professor, English, Eastern Campus
- 2019 winner Dr. Anne Distler, Professor, Chemistry, Westshore Campus.
- 2018 winner Brian Hall, Associate Professor, English, Metropolitan Campus.
- 2017 winner Dr. Henry Young, Assistant Professor, Speech Communications, Metropolitan Campus.
- 2016 winner Sara Clark, Assistant Professor, English as a Second Language, Western Campus.
In Spring 2023 and Spring 2019, Tri-C held a student-focused event called Metamorphosis Cleveland to display student work which creatively interprets issues related to sustainability and change in and around Cleveland. Click here for more details.
Progress to date: