Communication and Community
Goal: Increase awareness of sustainability issues among campus and community members through education and outreach and empower sustainability action on campus and within the broader community.
Progress to date:
- Composting food waste with community partners including Rust Belt Riders.
- A community garden is active at the Western Campus.
- Actively involved with community sustainability initiatives, including Sustainable Cleveland.
- Tri-C has held Earth Day events at our campuses for several years. Details on the events that have been held are below:
- View Earth Day Posters created by Eastern Campus students in the Visual Communication-Graphic Design "Brand Identity Design" class.
- Read the six winning entries in Tri-C's 2012 Earth Week Poetry Contest at the Metro Campus, judged by poet Michele F. Cooper. The poems were written by five Tri-C students and one faculty member.