In-person testing service (including CLEP) is currently suspended.
The College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) gives you the opportunity to earn college credit for what you already know — and for a fraction of the cost of a college course. Earning a qualifying score on one or more of the 33 available exams can help you reach your academic goals, whether you are getting a head start on college or working to finish your degree.
Prior to taking your CLEP Exam:
- Determine your eligibility to earn CLEP credit
- Tri-C® students are responsible for ensuring that they are eligible to earn CLEP credit
- Prior to scheduling a CLEP exam, Tri-C students must meet with a counselor to:
- Explore CLEP opportunities (and discuss how credit impacts timeline to completion)
- Establish which test(s) to take
- Non-Tri-C students should be familiar with the CLEP credit-granting policies of their home institution or the college or university they plan to attend. Not all colleges or universities have the same CLEP policies.
- Find a CLEP exam that is right for you!
- Purchase a CLEP exam and register through the College Board website
- Following the purchase of a CLEP exam, you will receive a payment receipt and a ticket ID. Once you have your ticket ID, you are ready to schedule your test date at a testing location.
- Schedule an appointment at a Tri-C CLEP Testing Center (Contact info below) or alternate CLEP testing location
- Prepare for your CLEP exam
- Review CLEP’s exam day information
On CLEP Exam Day:
- Make sure to get a good night’s rest
- Arrive on time for your appointment
- Bring your driver’s license, passport or other government-issued identification that includes your photograph and signature (The last name on your ID must match the name on your registration ticket)
- Bring your valid registration ticket from the My Account registration portal (Your registration ticket is valid for testing within six months of CLEP exam purchase)
- Bring the test administration fee payment
After taking your CLEP Exam:
- An unofficial score report is available immediately upon completion
any exam that does not include an essay component for
- The College Board will send your official CLEP transcript to the college or university you selected during purchase checkout
- CLEP transcripts may take 7-10 business days to arrive — follow up with your institution to make sure results were received and credit was granted (if applicable)