Chemistry Placement Test
The Chemistry Placement Test measures students’ knowledge of chemical concepts for placement into CHEM 1010, CHEM 1020 or CHEM 1300. Students who score 19 or lower should register for CHEM 1010 Introduction to Inorganic Chemistry if they have met the math prerequisite. Students who score 20 or higher should register for CHEM 1020 Introduction to Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry or CHEM 1300 General Chemistry I - if they have met the math prerequisite.
Before Taking the Test
Review the general chemistry placement test review topics.
How to Take the Test
The Chemistry placement test is completed in Blackboard. Follow these steps below to access the test:
- Log in to my Tri-C space and select the Student (or New Student) option
- Click the Blackboard Learn link, and select Courses from the menu
- Select the Course Catalog option (top right corner)
- Type Chemistry Placement Test in the Catalog Search box and click Go.
- Click the dropdown arrow to the right of the course ID, then click Enroll.
- Enter the case-sensitive access code: Chemistry2022
- Click Submit, then click OK when you receive the confirmation message.
- Select the Chemistry Placement Test.
After Taking the Test
Results will be sent to your Tri-C student email account within 72 hours. Please contact the Counseling Office if you have questions about which courses are required for your program of study.
Student are allowed one retest attempt if they do not pass.
Chemistry courses may require satisfaction of course prerequisites prior to registration. View the list of courses and prerequisites.