Chemistry Placement Test
The Chemistry Placement Test measures students’ knowledge of chemical concepts for placement into CHEM 1010, CHEM 1020 or CHEM 1300. Students who score 19 or lower should register for CHEM 1010 Introduction to Inorganic Chemistry if they have met the math prerequisite. Students who score 20 or higher should register for CHEM 1020 Introduction to Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry or CHEM 1300 General Chemistry I if they have met the math prerequisite.
Before Taking the Test
Review the general chemistry placement test review topics.
How to Take the Test
The Chemistry placement test is completed in Blackboard. Follow these steps below to access the test:
- Log in to my Tri-C space
- Select the Blackboard Learn card, and select Courses from the menu
- Select the Course Catalog option (top right corner)
- Type Chemistry Placement Test in the Catalog Search box and select Go.
- Select the dropdown arrow to the right of the course ID, then Select Enroll.
- Enter the case-sensitive access code: Chemistry2024
- Select Submit, then select OK when you receive the confirmation message.
- Select Chemistry Placement Test to get started
After Taking the Test
Results will be sent to your Tri-C student email account within 72 hours.
Students are allowed one retest attempt.
Contact the counseling office if you have questions about which courses are required for your program of study. Chemistry courses may require satisfaction of course prerequisites prior to registration. View the list of courses and prerequisites.