Chemistry Placement Test
The chemistry placement test measures students’ knowledge of chemical concepts for placement into CHEM-1010, CHEM-1020 or CHEM-1300.
Students who score lower than 20 should register for CHEM-1010: Introduction to Inorganic Chemistry if they have met the math prerequisite.
Students who score 20 or higher should register for CHEM-1020: Introduction to Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry or CHEM-1300: General Chemistry I if they have met the math prerequisite.
Before Taking the Chemistry Placement Test
Review the general chemistry placement test review topics.
How to Take the Chemistry Placement Test
The Chemistry placement test is completed in Blackboard.
Please follow the steps below to take the test:
- Log in to your my Tri-C space account.
- Go to the Student or New Student tab.
- Click the Blackboard Learn link.
- Once in Blackboard, go to the Courses tab.
- Click the Course Catalog link in the top right hand corner of the screen.
- Type Chemistry Placement Test in the Catalog Search box and click Go.
- Click the dropdown arrow to the right of the course ID, then click Enroll.
- Enter the case-sensitive access code: Chemistry2020
- Click Submit, then click OK when you receive the success message.
- Take the test!
Email your campus Testing Center:*
Brunswick University Center
*Please include your name and Tri-C student ID number (S#)
After Taking the Chemistry Placement Test
Results will be sent to your Tri-C student email account within 72 hours. Please contact a counselor with questions about course registration or degree program requirements.
Chemistry courses may require satisfaction of course prerequisites prior to registration. View the list of courses and prerequisites.
Can I Retake the Chemistry Placement Test?
Yes. Each student is allowed one retest 24 hours or more after the first attempt.