Biology Placement Test
The Biology placement test is based on the objectives of the BIO 1100 Introduction to Biological Chemistry course and measures students’ knowledge of biological chemistry for placement into BIO 2331 Anatomy and Physiology l. It does not qualify as completion of a Biology 1000-level course, the prerequisite for several other Biology courses.
Students must score at least 21/30 (70%) to earn a passing score. A passing score does not exempt a student from completing BIO 1100 if that course is required for the degree or certificate they plan to earn. Students who score 21 or higher may register for BIO 2331, but those who score less than 21 must register for BIO 1100.
Students are not required to take this test to be eligible for BIO 1100.
Before Taking the Test
Review the general Biology placement test review topics.
How to Take the Test
The Biology placement test is completed in Blackboard. Follow these steps to access the test:
- Log in to my Tri-C space and select the Student (or New Student) option
- Click on the Blackboard Learn link, then select Courses from the menu
- Click the Course Catalog link (top right corner)
- Type Biology Placement Test in the catalog search box and click Go.
- Click on the dropdown arrow to the right of the course ID, then click Enroll
- Enter the case-sensitive access code: Biology2022
- Click Submit, then click OK (bottom right corner) when you receive the confirmation message
- Click on Biology Placement Test
After Taking the Test
Your test score results will update in your student record within 48 hours after completing the test. You will also receive an email with your placement results. Please contact the Counseling Office if you have questions about which courses are required for your program of study.
Students are allowed one retest attempt if they do not pass the test.
Biology courses may require completion of prerequisites prior to registration. View the list of courses and prerequisites.