Workplace Core Curriculum
As part of the current CCC-AAUP contract, faculty have agreed to participate in the Workplace Core Curricula. The Workplace Core Curricula consists of the seminars outlined below (see side letter SL-8 of the Agreement between Cuyahoga Community College and the CCC-AAUP). The content was jointly identified by the union and administration to be critical to the College’s workplace environment.
The Workplace Core Curricula consist of the following:
- Legal Issues/Harassment and Discrimination
- Student Affairs Code of Conduct
- Workplace Safety and Violence
- Student Success
- Refresher Course
Faculty who completed all five (5) full modules during previous contract cycles do not need to take the full modules again. Check your transcript in the Talent Engagement Center (TEC) to determine which courses you have completed. Those faculty who completed the 5 full modules during previous contract cycles will only need to complete the Core Curriculum Refresher Course, which is offered asynchronously in Blackboard. The Refresher will take approximately three (3) hours and faculty will have two (2) weeks to complete. The Refresher will be offered four to six (4-6) times per semester beginning in spring 22, and faculty will have through the end of the 2022 – 2025 contract cycle to complete the course. The schedule for AY 22-23 will be published at the start of fall 22 semester, with several options to complete over the next 3 years. Faculty will earn five (5) service credits for completing the Refresher Course.
Fall 2023 Refresher Course Dates:
- Monday, Sept. 18 - Sunday, Oct. 1
- Monday, Oct. 16 - Sunday, Oct. 29
- Monday, Nov. 6 - Sunday, Nov. 19
- Monday, Nov. 27 - Sunday, Dec. 10
Instructions to Complete the Refresher Course:
- Register in the Talent Engagement Center (TEC) by searching FDEVW1016.
- The Refresher course will automatically populate in your Blackboard course list on start date.
- Complete the course during the two-week time frame. Successful completion is defined by completion of each video quiz with a score of at least 80%.
- Attendance will be updated in TEC after your completion.
- Following completion of the refresher course, faculty can choose to self-enroll into a course content Blackboard site to have continuous access to the materials for the academic year.
- Questions: Contact the course facilitator Stacey.Souther@tri-c.edu
Review the TEC Quick Start Guide for information on how to register for courses, find and print your training transcripts in TEC.
The full modules will be offered synchronously beginning Spring 2023 for any faculty who have NOT completed all 5 modules during previous contract cycles or would like to deepen their knowledge on specific topics. These sessions will be facilitated by faculty and staff subject matter experts. New tenure track faculty will continue to receive the full modules during their first year in the Onboarding to Teaching and Learning Program. Faculty will earn one (1) Service Credit per module.
Kara DePaul, Director, Academic Professional Development at Kara.DePaul@tri-c.edu
Stacey S. Souther, Professor, Psychology and College-wide Faculty Development Coordinator at Stacey.Souther@tri-c.edu