Adjunct Faculty Stipend Program
The Adjunct Faculty Professional Development program provides an opportunity for adjunct faculty to enhance their success in the classroom and promote engagement in the Tri-C Community. These stipend-eligible categories are designed to focus on interdisciplinary, pedagogy, and technology competencies and explore new teaching strategies, pedagogies, and emerging technologies.
The Stipend Program provides a financial incentive of $500 to adjuncts who complete five stipend-eligible units (SEUs) in at least two categories of the six listed below (i.e., all SEUs submitted should not be from the same category) within a single academic school year. Adjunct faculty who accumulate more than 5 SEUs in a single year may carry over a maximum of 1 SEU to the next academic school year. To be considered eligible, adjuncts must teach during the academic year for which they apply for the stipend.
Faculty professional development opportunities are listed in the Faculty Development Calendar. Faculty still register for all of the sessions in the Talent Engagement Center (TEC). Most of the sessions are stipend eligible, but check the TEC course description for information.
STIPEND ELIGIBLE CATEGORIES:
- Teaching Strategies
- Technology for Teaching
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Curriculum, Assessment and Transfer
- Student Success
- Faculty Scholarship and Engagement
Click here to review approved stipend eligible activities. Any activity not listed in the categories above must be pre-approved by the office of Academic Professional Development. If you are interested in applying for a workshop to be stipend eligible, please click the link below to complete the new electronic form. Note: enter your S# and desktop password to access the form.
Workshop Eligibility Form: Adjunct Faculty Stipend Program Form
The Adjunct Stipend Program is designed to incentivize professional development for adjuncts in the primary role as a teacher. While we fully support and value your commitment to volunteering for College related activities, not all are stipend eligible as they do not directly align to professional development. Activities that are not stipend eligible include: Volunteering for Student Rush Week, New Student Orientation/Convocation, or Commencement. General departmental meetings are not eligible unless pre-approved by the office of Academic Professional Development.
HOW TO APPLY FOR STIPEND PAYMENT:
Upon completion of five (5) SEUs, it is the responsibility of the adjunct faculty member to complete the new electronic form to receive payment. Note: enter your S# and desktop password to access the form
Adjunct Stipend Request Form:
- Complete all fields and the survey
- Upload a copy of your TEC transcript.
- The Adjunct Service Office at your campus will review your transcript, notify you of approval, and submit your request for payment.
TO UPLOAD TEC TRANSCRIPT:
- Go to My Tri-C Space > Employee Tab > Talent Engagement Center (TEC)
- Click on Learning Tab > View your Transcript
- Click on the down arrow next to “Active” and select “Completed”
- Click Options > Export to PDF > Open > Save
- Upload your transcript in Word or PDF at the end of this electronic form
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT:
Only the workshops/activities registered through TEC will be on your transcript.
- Only the workshops/activities registered through TEC will be on your transcript.
- Not all workshops attended and listed on your TEC transcript may be stipend eligible – prior approval is needed for some workshops by the facilitator
- ‘Aggregate Training Completed’ does not necessarily indicate or equate to SEUs completed.
- Each faculty member must keep track of their stipend eligible training complete.
- Full-time Administrative Staff: Please be aware that workshops must be taken outside your normal work hours. Taking vacation and personal time to cover the workshops does not make them eligible for the stipend.