Faculty Leadership in Sustainability
Do you or your colleagues incorporate sustainable teaching practices in your classroom? Tri-C would like to recognize these efforts with the Faculty Leadership in Sustainability Award. The award is open to all full and part-time faculty who taught during the 2022-2023 academic year. Review award criteria and eligibility requirements.
Would you like to learn more about Tri-C’s Sustainability Plan? Visit the sustainability website for an overview of student, staff, faculty and college-wide initiatives.
The nomination process will begin Tuesday, March 7, 2023 and will conclude on Wednesday, May 17, 2023. Nominate a faculty member today!
Faculty Leadership in Sustainability Award
What: An award recognizing Tri-C faculty who have demonstrated leadership by incorporating sustainability in their curriculum.
For this award, the definition of sustainability is broad and includes social, economic, and environmental systems and factors; and how these systems interact with and are dependent upon one another.
Why: Tri-C’s Sustainability Plan includes long-term Academic and Workforce Training goals:
- Faculty and instructors will infuse sustainability literacy throughout the curriculum and;
- Tri-C students will recognize and understand the basic concepts of sustainability and communicate those concepts to others in the community.
Who is eligible: Any Tri-C faculty who taught in the 2022-23 academic year (full-time or adjunct faculty are eligible). Nominations must reflect sustainability activities that took place in the 2022-23 academic year. Self-nominations are welcome.
How: Nominations should identify how the nominee has contributed to the Academics and Workforce Training goals in Tri-C’s Sustainability Plan by describing:
- How sustainability has been incorporated into curriculum;
- Whether students completed an assignment which includes a sustainability focus;
- Whether the results of the assignment are measurable;
- Whether the assignment had an impact on the campus or in the community (or could have in non-COVID times);
- Whether the assignment can be duplicated in other courses.
Nominees are encouraged to include any student feedback or testimonials.
Nominees who do not self-nominate will be given the opportunity to submit supporting documentation about their work.
When: The nomination process will begin on March 7, 2023 and conclude on Wednesday, May 17, 2023. The winner will be announced at fall 2023 Convocation.
To learn more about Tri-C’s Sustainability Plan and sustainability initiatives, please visit www.tri-c.edu/sustainability.