The Excellence in Teaching Award in Honor of Ralph M. Besse is presented annually for up to 4 full-time faculty members and up to 4 adjunct faculty or lecturers selected for exceptional professional competence and commitment to helping students succeed. Specifically, these award winners demonstrate a commitment to academic quality, stimulation of intellectual development, and investment with students within and beyond the classroom. Students are the initial driver of the list of nominees. The award is given in honor of Ralph M. Besse, Cleveland community leader and champion of higher education, who was instrumental in founding Tri-C.
- A maximum of eight awards will be announced (four full-time faculty and four adjuncts).
- Awards are College-wide and not based on campus location or discipline.
- Lecturers are eligible to receive the Adjunct Award.
- Students are the initial driver of the list of nominees.
- Nominees must have at least one recommendation submitted by College-wide faculty/staff in order to remain eligible for selection committee review.
- Winners announced at Fall 2020 Convocation
Congratulations to the outstanding faculty who were received this year’s Excellence in Teaching Award in Honor of Ralph M. Besse!