LPN to RN Mobility Exam
What is the HESI LPN to RN Mobility Exam?
The Health Education System Inc. (HESI) HESI LPN to RN Mobility Exam is a computerized hour timed exam that is part of the application process for entry into the LPN to ADN Access Track. Applicants can take the exam at any point during the application process, but must complete prior to beginning NURS 1260 - LPN Transitions II.
The Mobility exam is designed to assess clinical knowledge and critical thinking skills. The questions are based on what current RN students are studying in their nursing programs. Some of the topics covered include the following:
Basic nursing fundamentals
Medical and surgical procedures
What are the LPN to RN Mobility Exam requirements for admission?
Students must achieve a minimum score of 850.
Can I take the LPN to RN Mobility Exam more than once?
The HESI LPN to RN Mobility Exam can only be taken once per month, and no more than twice within a 12 month period.
How do I prepare for the LPN to RN Mobility Exam?
Any NCLEX-PN review book can be used for the Mobility LPN to RN Exam.
LPN to RN Mobility Exam Registration
You may take the assessment at a Prometric testing site (approximately $120; cost subject to change) or at Tri-C’s Manufacturing Technology Center (approximately $90; cost subject to change) at any time during the application process.
Results will be available to you immediately; however, the nursing department will not have access to your scores for a minimum of four to six weeks.
Once your scores are recorded, you will receive an email with information regarding the status of your nursing program application.
Follow the instructions below to register for the exam.
1. If you do not yet have an Evolve account, create one here.
The first and last name on your Evolve account must match your government-issued photo ID (e.g., driver’s license or passport). You will not be admitted into the testing lab if there is any discrepancy. (Middle name/initial not required.)
You must include your S-number when creating your Evolve account, as shown below.
Problems creating your Evolve account? Call Elsevier student support at 800-222-9570 or live chat here.
2. Register for the LPN to RN Mobility Exam
Option 1: Testing at Manufacturing Technology Center
- Contact Janine Hallbom
- Janine.Hallbom@tri-c.edu or 216-987-4040
Students with a documented disability who require accommodations should contact Lauren Kuhn at 216-987-5001 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Option 2: Testing at Prometric Testing Center
Note: Exam fee must be paid at registration.
- Log in to your Evolve account and follow the steps below:
- Click “I’m a Student.”
- In the HESI Secured Exams section, click “Register for Results and Remediation.”
- Click “Register for Distance Testing” to place this in your cart, then click “Redeem/Checkout” from the cart screen.
- Returning users: Enter your Evolve username and password, then click “Login.” New users: Enter your name, email, password and institution information (if applicable). Click “Continue.”
- Check “Yes, I accept the Registered User Agreement.”
2. Log in to your Evolve account and follow the steps below:
- Click “HESI Assessment Student Access.”
b. On the Distance Testing tab, click "Register for a Distance Exam."
c. Complete the required information, * check the box and submit.
- Department ID: 198278
- Do not use the school’s department ID as your student ID when creating your Evolve account.
- The first and last name on your Evolve account must match your government-issued photo ID (e.g., driver’s license or passport). You will not be admitted into the testing lab if there is any discrepancy.
- Your government-issued ID must include your signature and a photo that resembles your current appearance. Middle name/initial not required.
- Do not register for Multiple Schools or Multiple Exam Versions.
- LPN-to-RN applicants select exam: SP PN-ADN Mobility V-1 or V-2
After submitting your information, you will receive a Confirmation Notice via email indicating that you may schedule your exam. Review the information carefully. If your name is incorrect, or if it has changed, email email@example.com. Failure to do so could result in forfeiture of your testing appointment and associated fees.
Note: You will receive your Eligibility ID (Evolve username) via email. Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe sender list to avoid delays, and be sure to check your spam/junk folder.