HESI Entrance Test Information - For Students Entering the Generic Track Program
What is the HESI A2?
The Health Education System Inc. (HESI) Admission Assessment (A2) is a computerized, four-hour timed exam that is part of the application process for the associate degree nursing program.
What are the HESI A2 requirements for admission?
Students must achieve a minimum score of 75% on the Math and English* sections for consideration.
*Must complete all three components: Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Vocabulary.
Can I take the HESI A2 more than once?
You may take the HESI A2 no more than twice within a one-year period. Attempts must take place at least one month apart.
How do I prepare for the HESI A2?
HESI A2 review books are available in libraries and bookstores on the Eastern, Metropolitan, Western and Westshore campuses. Study guides are also available for purchase online.
HESI A2 Registration
You may take the assessment at a Prometric testing site (approximately $120; cost subject to change) or at Tri-C’s Manufacturing Technology Center (approximately $80; cost subject to change) at any time during the application process.
Results will be available to you immediately; however, the nursing department will not have access to your scores for a minimum of four to six weeks.
Once your scores are recorded, you will receive an email with information regarding the status of your nursing program application.
Follow the instructions below to register for the exam.
1. If you do not yet have an Evolve account, create one here.
The first and last name on your Evolve account must match your government-issued photo ID (e.g., driver’s license or passport). You will not be admitted into the testing lab if there is any discrepancy. (Middle name/initial not required.)
You must include your S-number when creating your Evolve account, as shown below.
Problems creating your Evolve account? Call Elsevier student support at 800-222-9570 or live chat here.
2. Register for the HESI A2
Option 1: Testing at Manufacturing Technology Center
- Register for HESI A2
- S-Number required to register.
- Once registered, you will receive instructions for purchasing your exam.
- Exam fee must be paid at registration.
Students with a documented disability who require accommodations should contact Lauren Kuhn at 216-987-5001 or email@example.com.
Option 2: Testing at Prometric Testing Center
Note: Exam fee must be paid at registration.
- Log in to your Evolve account and follow the steps below:
- Click “I’m a Student.”
- In the HESI Secured Exams section, click “Register for Results and Remediation.”
- Click “Register for Distance Testing” to place this in your cart, then click “Redeem/Checkout” from the cart screen.
- Returning users: Enter your Evolve username and password, then click “Login.” New users: Enter your name, email, password and institution information (if applicable). Click “Continue.”
- Check “Yes, I accept the Registered User Agreement.”
2. Log in to your Evolve account and follow the steps below:
- Click “HESI Assessment Student Access.”
b. On the Distance Testing tab, click "Register for a Distance Exam."
c. Complete the required information, * check the box and submit.
- Department ID: 198278
- Do not use the school’s department ID as your student ID when creating your Evolve account.
- The first and last name on your Evolve account must match your government-issued photo ID (e.g., driver’s license or passport). You will not be admitted into the testing lab if there is any discrepancy.
- Your government-issued ID must include your signature and a photo that resembles your current appearance. Middle name/initial not required.
- Do not register for Multiple Schools or Multiple Exam Versions.
- Generic ADN applicants select A2 V-1 or A2 V-2.
After submitting your information, you will receive a Confirmation Notice via email indicating that you may schedule your exam. Review the information carefully. If your name is incorrect, or if it has changed, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to do so could result in forfeiture of your testing appointment and associated fees.
Note: You will receive your Eligibility ID (Evolve username) via email. Add email@example.com to your safe sender list to avoid delays, and be sure to check your spam/junk folder.