Application to the Health Careers Sport and Exercise Studies Program may be submitted while meeting requirements listed below:
- High School Graduate/GED or approved PSEOP
- Eligibility for ENG 1010
- Completion of MATH-0955 Beginning Algebra or appropriate score on Math Placement Test*
- PE 1000 or 1010 or verification of personal training certificate or previous exercise training experience.
- Verification of having completed a 4-8 hour observation where the candidate "shadows" a Fitness Professional in their work environment. See details in the SES Student Handbook.
- GPA required: 2.0 Admissions Requirement, 2.0 overall
- A criminal background check (BCI) is required for the Sport and Exercise Studies program.
*Highly recommend MATH-1410 Or MATH-1530 for students planning to transfer to a four year college/university.
Students with a BCI record are not guaranteed acceptance into the program, a practicum site, or employment in a health career field.