Mechanical Engineering Technology
Area of Study: Mechanical Engineering Technology
Degree/Certificate: Associate of Applied Science degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology
View cost of attendance information for Academic Year 2023-2024
About the Program
If you’re mechanically inclined and enjoy solving technical problems, consider a career as a mechanical engineering technician.
In this hands-on program, you can hone your skills and take courses in math, physics, computer-aided drafting, machine design and manufacturing processes.
Graduates may assist mechanical engineers with designing, drawing and testing mechanical systems. They may also work as sales or applications engineers or serve in management positions in manufacturing plants.
Interested in pursuing a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering technology? Your credits will transfer to Cleveland State University and several other regional institutions. Regardless of your career aspirations, the opportunities are limitless.
- In-demand training with job placement assistance
- Instructors with years of industry experience
- Internships and co-op assignments available with leading companies
- Online and on-site classes at all four campuses
- Scholarships and financial assistance available
- Credits transfer to our university partner institutions
This program is ABET accredited.
The Mechanical Engineering Technology program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.