Tri-C Access Centers will connect you — easily and conveniently — with the education and job training you need to build a better future. These programs can lead to a job with family-supporting wages or put you on a path to a college degree. The centers offer a range of services designed to meet you wherever you are in your education or career.
Cuyahoga Community College is partnering with Esperanza Inc., MetroHealth System, Olivet Housing and Community Development Corp. (an arm of Olivet Institutional Baptist Church) and Cuyahoga Metropolitan Housing Authority.
The purpose of the Access Centers is to support individuals and families on their path to success by providing affordable as well as no-cost community-based educational and workforce programming.
Workforce Success Course - Sharpen your job skills to succeed in the workplace. Identify academic pathways and resources to achieve your career goals. Develop your resume. Earn one college credit. Completed Tri-C application required.
- Oct. 27-Dec. 15, Wed, 6-7:30 p.m., in-person at MetroHealth
- Oct. 28-Dec. 16, Thurs, 6-7:30 p.m. online
- Oct. 29-Dec. 17, Fri, 1-2:30 p.m., in-person at Tri-C's Manufacturing Technology Center
Basic Computer Skills - Learn basic computer skills like using email, file sharing, navigating websites and more. Includes Microsoft Office.
- Oct. 26-Dec. 16, Tues/Thurs, time 4-6:00 p.m. in-person at MetroHealth
Medical Terminology - Learn how to correctly spell, define and pronounce terms used by health care professionals. This course is foundational for degrees in health careers. Delivered via Blackboard. Earn two college credits. Completed Tri-C appplication is required.
- Oct. 26-Dec. 16, Tues/Thurs 6-7:40 p.m., hybrid (one day in-person, one day online) at MetroHealth
To start your application process for these courses, preregister here.
Ohio Options - Whether you are seeking a high school diploma or high school equivalency (GED® Test Preparation) diploma, want to improve your English (ESOL) or are preparing for a job, college or training, Ohio Options provides free, adult education.
Google IT - Become an IT support professional.
- Oct. 26-Feb. 24, Tues/Thurs 6-7:30 p.m. online
Women in Transition - Assists women going through any transition and offers Personal Development and Career Exploration curriculum; a basic computer training course and workshops to help empower and build confidence through activities that focus on both degree and career attainment. The program is free of charge.
- Oct. 19-Nov. 16, Tues/Thurs 1-3 p.m. online. This class is taught in English with Spanish translation assistance. Esta clase se enseña en inglés, pero se ofrece materiales en español y la asistencia de un traductor.