Women in Transition Program
The Women in Transition program at Cuyahoga Community College is in its 43rd year of providing information, support and referrals to women who are in a transitional time in their lives.
We believe that it is through higher education and/or re-training, that possibilities are endless. Our non-credit sessions are designed to take the participant through a period of transformation and empower them to move forward in their lives through education and training. Our curriculum is based on personal development, career exploration, computer class, and workshops. This helps women develop confidence, build self-esteem, identify marketable skills, explore interests, research options for careers and job training, and examine Tri-C educational and workforce options. The program is facilitated online and virtually throughout the year. Our classes are subject to a slightly fast-tracked format.
WIT multi-week online courses:
Summer 2021 courses begin as early as June 1.
Call your nearest Women in Transition Campus today to inquire about other community based programs and the registration process!
Eastern Campus: 216-987-2272
Metropolitan Campus: 216-987-4974
Western Campus: 216-987-5091
Westshore Campus: 216-987-5764
It is the vision of the Women in Transition program to be the premier college and community program focused on the growth and development of women throughout Northeast Ohio.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Women in various stages of transition in their lives i.e. returning to work force, unemployed, divorced, widowed, seeking career change or just feeling “stuck”
- Individual intake appointment completed and eligibility determined prior to start of class
- Registration is required for enrollment
FREE multi-week non-credit course in:
- Personal Development: Designed to offer guidance and support as we look at the issues related to self-confidence, motivation, effective communication, attitude, time-management and personal responsibility. Concentration is placed on personal growth and development leading to empowerment.
- Career Exploration: Explore your interests, skills and values. What career is a good match for your personality? What are the fastest growing careers? What degree or certificate program is right for you? Prepare a good resume and increase your interview skills.
- Basic Computer (not offered in community based programs): Learn proper website search and email etiquette and how to use social networks. Explore resume resources, increase your computer skills and various computer platforms
- Scavenger Hunt: Participate in a task to identify opportunities for your personal and career goals quest, with activities designed to help you refect upon your actual education and career goals.
Other Services Available with the Women in Transition Program:
- Help with assessing financial aid resources
- Aspire and Adult Diploma programs now Ohio Options for Adults information
- Workshops to define and strengthen your life management skills
- Information, resources and referrals to appropriate Cuyahoga Community College programs / services as well as other appropriate external resources and agencies
- Pre-employment skills including resume writing, cover letters, interviewing and presentation skills
- A network of academic contacts and new friends
- Cuyahoga Community College
- Ohio Department of Higher Education
- Carl D. Perkins Act
- The Raymond and Rita Foos Foundation
- Crocker Park Foundation
- People's Bank Corp Foundation
- S.K.Wellman Foundation
- Nadine Feighan Wellness Fund
- Zonta Club of Cleveland
If you are interested in supporting this program, please contact the Tri-C Foundation at 216-987-4868.