In-Person Math Placement Test
In-Person ALEKS process using a campus Testing Center:
- Students are encouraged to to complete a first assessment from home as a practice attempt, which will not count for placement.
- After the initial unproctored practice attempt, students are encouraged to work in their Prep and Learning module in ALEKS to improve their math skills.
- Make an appointment by calling a campus Testing Center to complete a proctored ALEKS assessment.
- Complete the ALEKS assessment at your chosen appointment time.
- If you are not satisfied with your placement result, you can retest!
- Complete five hours of work in your individualized Prep and Learning module in ALEKS to unlock another test attempt.
- Connect with a Math Coach for personal support along the way!
- Once you are satisfied with your math placement, please speak with a counselor to determine which courses are required for your program of study.
A Tri-C math coach will contact you to connect you with math support to help you while you work in ALEKS and prepare for your next assessment. You can do it! Our math coaches are here to help you succeed.