- ENG 1010
- MATH 1410
- BIO 2331
- BIO 2341
- DMS 1071
- DMS 1303
- DMS 1320
- DMS 1351
- Shadowing Form
When scheduling or while in the admission courses, keep the following in mind:
- Plan when you will take your admission courses taking into consideration that some of the courses have prerequisite or co-requisite requirements or may be offered only once a year. DMS 1320, Introduction to Scanning is only offered in Spring semester due to lab availability.
- Biology and Math requirements should be scheduled early in your course plan; delaying them delays your application from being complete.
- Health Career programs do not accept Pass/No Pass grades for admission courses taken at Tri-C.
- A letter grade of "C" or better must be achieved.
- Only two of the admission courses may be repeated once to improve from a previous attempt. A "W" is counted as an attempt.
- Admission GPAs calculated using only the Tri-C specific admission course credit hours listed.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA for DMS 1303, DMS 1320 and DMS 1071 (total 5 credits).
- Minimum 3.0 GPA for BIO 2331 and BIO 2341 (total 8 credits).
- If you transferred in college courses, such as English, Math, Physics, Psychology, or Anatomy & Physiology, you will need an override to register for the some of the admission courses. Contact a counselor or program director to request the override; provide them your Tri-C student ID number and the course section number (CRN).
- There are no time limits for required courses; due to their importance, the course content is built upon (not reviewed) in the remaining Program courses.
- Minimum Tri-C cumulative GPA of 2.4 must be maintained during the entire length of the Program.
- Schedule an 8-16 hour “shadowing” experience with a hospital. Information is in the DMS Program packet. If you want to do your shadowing at a Cleveland Clinic Health System hospital general department, contact Amy Graska at firstname.lastname@example.org or 440 695-4297 who will assist you in making arrangements.
Due to the pandemic, area hospitals will not be scheduling students for a shadowing experience through the rest of the 2020 calendar year.
- Complete the online DMS application.
ALL applicants must apply for the DMS Program through this new sysytem; even if you already submitted an application to the Health Career Enrollment Center, you MUST also apply through the DMS online application for you application to be reviewed.
Effective July 31, the DMS Program will have an online application. The new process will send you an email indicating your progress, missing requirements, and an acceptance letter as you continue to progress through the coursework. Please apply after you have successfully completed both Bio 2331 & DMS 1320. Click here to access the new online application. You will have to log in to the My Tri-C portal, then it redirects you to the form.