Cash in on CCR Course
Captioners and Court Reporters are in demand! We are offering a free, four-week online mini course to help you discover if this career is right for you. Our next session will run June 27 through July 24, 2022.
Cash in today to begin a flexible, exciting and lucrative career.
About the course:
- Convenient online course site available 24 hours a day
- No required homework or tests
- Easy access to documents, videos and discussion board forums
- Access to faculty for questions
What you'll learn:
- Skills necessary to work as a captioner or court reporter
- Career opportunities in the field of court reporting and captioning
- Earning potential with a two-year degree or certificate
- Licensing and other requirements for your state
- Equipment and technology used in the profession
- Online and classroom programs offered at Tri-C
- Enrollment process
- Steno keyboard basics
- Voicewriting fundamentals
- Details about digital reporting and transcription
About your instructor
Jen Krueger, Ph.D. is a former court reporter and a professor of Captioning and Court Reporting at Tri-C. Krueger is a certified reporting instructor who began teaching at Tri-C in 1994. The Journal of Court Reporting recently honored Krueger with an award for innovative use of technology.
Are you a Tri-C Student?
- If you are a Tri-C Student, please have your Tri-C ID (S-Number) and password to complete your online registration/checkout process
- If you are not yet a Tri-C student or do not remember your S-Number, please complete the non-credit registration form online before registering for a class.
Once you have been issued a student number, please click the link below to register.