Construction Pre-Apprenticeship Training
Learn how your tuition could be FREE through the Full Tuition Assistance Program where the College will cover Cuyahoga County residents’ tuition costs. Click here to see if you qualify.
Cuyahoga Community College’s Pre-Apprenticeship Training (PAT) program exposes students to the multicraft industrial trades. In partnership with the Cleveland Building & Construction Trades Council, this fast-track program connects talented, well-prepared students with local employers offering sustainable career opportunities within the construction industry.
The eight-week PAT program features career exploration and hands-on labs in addition to classroom instruction that integrates basic reading and math with technical knowledge and industry-specific terminology. Networking opportunities for PAT students include training site visits, guest speakers and employer site visits.
- 100% grant-funded training for those who qualify (no cost to participants)
- Eight-week introductory program for construction apprenticeships
- Visit a variety of trades
- National Building Multi-Craft Core Curriculum
- Tri-C® Building Construction Training certificate
- OSHA 10 certification
- At least 18 years old
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license