Cuyahoga Community College’s Pre-Apprenticeship Training (PAT) program exposes students to the multicraft industrial trades. In partnership with the Cleveland Building & Construction Trades Council, this fast-track program connects talented, well-prepared students with local employers offering sustainable career opportunities within the construction industry.
The eight-week PAT program features career exploration and hands-on labs in addition to classroom instruction that integrates basic reading and math with technical knowledge and industry-specific terminology. Networking opportunities for PAT students include training site visits, guest speakers and employer site visits.
- 100% grant-funded training for those who qualify (no cost to participants)
- Eight-week introductory program for construction apprenticeships
- Visit a variety of trades
- National Building Multi-Craft Core Curriculum
- Tri-C® Building Construction Training certificate
- OSHA 10 certification
- At least 18 years old
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license