What is Job Shadowing?
Job shadowing gives students an inside look at a specific job or industry. They can interact with professionals on the job while observing the company’s typical operations and learning about its culture. Job shadowing is a great way to explore career interests and align educational and career goals.
Fall 2023 registration: Aug. 28 – Sept. 22
Job shadow on-site experience: Sept. 25 – Dec. 8
What are the benefits?
- A job shadow experience gives students the opportunity to:
- Explore career paths
- Experience a “day in the life” of an industry
- Make informed course and career decisions
- Ask specific questions, such as “What skills will I need?
- Build industry awareness
- Gain knowledge that comes only from being in the job setting
- Establish a network of industry professionals
Who can participate?
Students who participate are:
- Currently enrolled at Tri-C
- In good academic standing
- Have transportation to and from the site
- Commit to a minimum of four hours and a maximum of eight hours on site
- Follow the specific employer policies, including the dress code
- Act professional