Cooperative Education (Co-op)
A co-op opportunity gives students an edge by providing them with hands-on learning experience through job assignments related to their field. Not only is a job assignment vital to a student’s marketability, but it allows you to use what is learned in the classroom. The real-world experience provides insight into career paths and job opportunities. In addition to being compensated, as in a regular work assignment, the student can earn one college credit for every 180 hours worked, up to three credits per semester.
- Currently enrolled at Cuyahoga Community College
- Completed 12 credit hours of college coursework (includes transfer credits) with at least two courses related to your major field
- GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Schedule an appointment with a Career Coach through Handshake to get prepared, including having a finalized resume and discussing interview strategies.
- After working with a Career Coach, upload your approved final resume to Handshake.
- Work with the Career Placement team to identify employers that may be a good fit for you, and submit applications to employers of interest.
- Get hired for a Co-Op and share your Co-Op information with the Career Center to begin the registration process.
- Complete and sign a "Cooperative Education Agreement" form.