Experiential learning is learning through the reflection of doing. The real-world experience provides insight into career paths and job opportunities. Gain an edge by taking advantage of hands-on learning experience through job assignments related to your field. Not only is a job assignment vital to a student’s marketability, but it allows you to use what is learned in the classroom.
- An Internship is an experience referring to a partnership between students, institutions of higher education and employers that integrates academic study with work experience. Internships are of a specific and definite duration that also provides a student the opportunity to explore areas of interest. Internships are currently non-credit courses.
- To inquire regarding paid or unpaid internship opportunities, please contact the Career Center, your academic department, or visit the job board at College Central Network.
Online resources for internship search:
- NEO Talent Exchange
- NACE JobWeb
- Ohio Means Jobs
- Walt Disney World College Program
- Yahoo! Internship Links
- A Guide to Internships
Cooperative Education (Co-op)
- Participate in the co-op orientation process through the Career Center
- Upload your resume for final revisions and approval by a Career Coach at College Central Network
- Work with an Employer Relations Specialist to apply and interview with approved co-op placements
- Complete and sign a "Cooperative Education Agreement" form and register for college credit