- Program participants are eligible for paid internships at Cleveland-Cliffs.
- Participants also have an opportunity to be hired into permanent positions with Cleveland-Cliffs.
Job Responsibilities for Graduates
- Perform the functions necessary to maintain all operations and service equipment using standard and specialized tools and equipment.
- Make repairs as required in connection with their service.
- Operate equipment in conjunction with repairs and provide assistance in operating functions as necessary to keep equipment running.
- May work alone, with minimal supervision, or with other technicians.
- Coordinate and work in conjunction with operating and service technicians in the performance of maintenance tasks.
- With further education and experience, there are numerous career opportunities inside and outside the steel industry.
- Career options include roles as electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, metallurgical engineers and operations supervisors.
- Job opportunities exist locally and nationally.